Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Well, ya'll missed out on a good time tonight. Had a great time shooting with some good people. We shot several different scenarios. (Think IDPA without all the rules) Everything went down smoothly and I can't wait till we get to do this again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

mathar1 said:
If anyone is interested in how it looked/worled I have some facebook video's up on my profile page. Just shoot me a friend request and I will go with it so you can see them.

Oh..look for Matt Harrell on face book (my profile pic is of a horse's head)
Yeah we had a great time. Ya'll should come out if you can. From the videos, I can see that I have some things to work on....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
We are in BUSINESS! Saturday night 5:45 or so to register. There will be a safety brief and anyone we are unsure of will get a side instruction. EVERYONE will sign a range waiver..bring what you have. We have ammo and some ear and eye pro if you need it.
Those that didn't make it out last time, you really should come out if at all possible, we had a really good time.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
I may need a kevlar vest after this shoot. All the shooters had this evil smile/grin like they were wondering how I would look as their moving target! :lol:

Honestly though I did pick some incredibly HARD courses of fire to challenge everybody. You never know what you can do with a pistol until you try and honestly there was some damned good shooting tonight. (Of course it wasn't me but there REALLY was some :wink: )
Really sorry I couldn't stay for this ya'll.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
Just another reminder we are on for Saturday evening. I have fought like hell to get and keep these going so if you are at all interested then you need to show up at this one. The owner doesn't see the point or need but I KNOW how much fun they are and it is one of the few places in Savannah where we you get a chance to shoot and move.
I want to be there, but I won't be able to make this one.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
next shoot will be the 2nd saturday in August. I will bring t-shirt targets and break out another kevlar vest for fun. I am going to add one low light stage to EVERY shoot....so be forewarned. :twisted:
Yes, it is the 2nd Saturday in August....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
descent said:
Are there any issues with me doing this with a pocket holster? I haven't been able to acquire a holster for my P2000 yet.
Just don't shoot yourself in the leg or anybody else. The purpose of the action shoots is to better and practice real world situations without all the rules.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ARMT Guy said:
SilentGhost said:
Yeah, got lucky :)
Probably used a shot shell for that stage. :neener: [-X :lol:
I purposefully hand loaded a 9mm snake shot round so I wouldn't have to worry about feeding the blunt nose on the round. I've never been in a fair fight either. ;)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ARMT Guy said:
SilentGhost said:
Guess who found some bowling pins...
:shock:

No way! Guess it's time to break out my trusty :flame:
:wink: :lol:
Well, I could only get three, but I know Mathar wanted me to get some to add to the action shoots. I still don't know where the other 50 of them went...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.