Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Really depends on the type of shoot/scenario for me.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Dinnertime said:
Really depends on the type of shoot/scenario for me.
I was plannin to do shoot/no shoot...multiple targets...shoot on the move. Just safety rules...no competition...maybe a timer if you want it...some low light/flashlight stuff but otherwise just fun action shooting. :righton:

·
Registered
451 Posts

I think the timer is a good idea, it adds a little stress to the shoot and could possibly help someone if they ever end up in a life threatening situation.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

I'd be interested. But, that's a heck of a drive for me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

Where?

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

Count me in, Matt! 8)

I know of at least two or three friends of mine who'd also jump at this.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

Puffyfish said:
Patricks indoor range, Garden City.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts

I would be interested. Weekend nights would work well also.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

This'll be a great opportunity to do some drawing from the holster, shootin' and movin', use of cover, etc. And right here in around Savannah, too! :D

I'm really looking forward to this Matt! 8)

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts

Any new word on this yet, Matt?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

count me in

·
Registered
107 Posts

mathar1 said:
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.
You folks really need some outdoor ranges in Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

samman23 said:
lostprofit said:
I'd be interested. But, that's a heck of a drive for me. :wink:
me too. It does sound fun though. :righton:
I tell you what, though. If they get this going on a regular basis, I'd definitely drive down to Savannah for a weekend and join in on the fun. I haven't been down there for a while.

·
Registered
880 Posts

smokin357 said:
mathar1 said:

You folks really need some outdoor ranges in Atlanta.
The range that mathar1 is speaking of is in Pooler which is near Savannah. Far away from Atlanta.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

SilentGhost said:
Anymore updates on this brother?
i talked to matt about this yesterday. ill let him give the final word, but plan to be at patricks next saturday at 6pm.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Be here right before 6pm. First 10 shooters are IN everyone else has to watch. This is a TEST step for the owner so if you have zero or very little practice drawing from a holster...please watch THIS time. If we pull this off correctly then hopefully this will be an every saturday night affair. IDPA is great and has better target stuff but not everyone can get off that scheduled day of the month. This will give you 4 days a month of fun and hopefully interesting shoot and move. So if you CAN make it PLEASE do and help me to get this PROVEN and started for ALL of us.

Well let's face it...the guys and I at work do this every sunday anyway.....this is to let OTHERS get into some just seriously FUN shooting. :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

doesnt look like ill be able to make it tonight. i told my wife i was going shooting after work this evening and she got all pissy. apparently she still thinks her birthday is a big deal. oh well, catch you guys next week!

1 - 20 of 357 Posts