Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Really depends on the type of shoot/scenario for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Dinnertime said:
Really depends on the type of shoot/scenario for me.
I was plannin to do shoot/no shoot...multiple targets...shoot on the move. Just safety rules...no competition...maybe a timer if you want it...some low light/flashlight stuff but otherwise just fun action shooting. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

I think the timer is a good idea, it adds a little stress to the shoot and could possibly help someone if they ever end up in a life threatening situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

I'd be interested. But, that's a heck of a drive for me. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Where?
 

·
Ordinary Average Guy
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Count me in, Matt! 8)

I know of at least two or three friends of mine who'd also jump at this.
 

·
Ordinary Average Guy
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Puffyfish said:
Patricks indoor range, Garden City.
 

·
Just a Man
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

I would be interested. Weekend nights would work well also.
 

·
Ordinary Average Guy
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

This'll be a great opportunity to do some drawing from the holster, shootin' and movin', use of cover, etc. And right here in around Savannah, too! :D

I'm really looking forward to this Matt! 8)
 

·
Ordinary Average Guy
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Any new word on this yet, Matt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

count me in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

mathar1 said:
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.
You folks really need some outdoor ranges in Atlanta.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

samman23 said:
lostprofit said:
I'd be interested. But, that's a heck of a drive for me. :wink:
me too. It does sound fun though. :righton:
I tell you what, though. If they get this going on a regular basis, I'd definitely drive down to Savannah for a weekend and join in on the fun. I haven't been down there for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

smokin357 said:
mathar1 said:
I am going to talk to the owner about doing some ON RANGE move and shoot on Friday or Saturday nights. I am hoping to get a 6pm start time with the shooter paying $20 to cover lane fee and target costs. We will close the range as a line shoot and open it up to do shooting/moving scenarios. Any interest?

I chose friday or saturday evening because most people are off and we can only do this with the range closed.
You folks really need some outdoor ranges in Atlanta.
The range that mathar1 is speaking of is in Pooler which is near Savannah. Far away from Atlanta.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

SilentGhost said:
Anymore updates on this brother?
i talked to matt about this yesterday. ill let him give the final word, but plan to be at patricks next saturday at 6pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

Be here right before 6pm. First 10 shooters are IN everyone else has to watch. This is a TEST step for the owner so if you have zero or very little practice drawing from a holster...please watch THIS time. If we pull this off correctly then hopefully this will be an every saturday night affair. IDPA is great and has better target stuff but not everyone can get off that scheduled day of the month. This will give you 4 days a month of fun and hopefully interesting shoot and move. So if you CAN make it PLEASE do and help me to get this PROVEN and started for ALL of us.

Well let's face it...the guys and I at work do this every sunday anyway.....this is to let OTHERS get into some just seriously FUN shooting. :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
Re: Action shooting...anyone interested??

doesnt look like ill be able to make it tonight. i told my wife i was going shooting after work this evening and she got all pissy. apparently she still thinks her birthday is a big deal. oh well, catch you guys next week!
 
1 - 20 of 357 Posts
Top