20rd Chinese fixed box mag
bayonet

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
cdtracing said:
ptsmith24 said:
I want an AR :( It was SO hard to resist at the show.
Buy it a peice at a time, it dosen't hurt so bad.

Let me know if I can help.

Chris
One piece at a time? Upper and lower? Or does it/can it be broken down further than that for purchasing purposes? Thanks.
You can buy all the parts and assemble the rifle yourself, you can buy the upper and lower pre assembled, or you can buy a factory built rifle. If you choose the build it yourself option you will end up with a fully customized rifle, built to your need/requirements.

You would start with a stripped receiver and a lower parts kit, choose the type/style stock and 30 minutes later you have a fully assembled lower. (15 to 20 minutes for the more experienced) Then you would want to decide on the upper that would suit you needs best. The options are limitless. I had a deal going at the last Gwinnett Eastman show, for a $1000 I had a Oly Arms Plinker 16" cabine and a 24" stainless bull barrel upper. Basicly thats two rifles for the price of one. That one was gone real quick.

If you want to get together and see how easy it is to put one together let me know and I can show you.

Here are a couple for you to see.

Chris

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
cdt,

I'd love to, but distance is kind of a problem. Maybe we can both make it to the next shoot/meet, or something like that. I guess I can read and read until the money is there. Can you recommend a good place to start? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Go to AR15.com and read thru some of the technical forums. Most of the guys there are extreamly knowledgeable. Are you going to be at the lunch Saturday?

ETA...I have access to a private range so if you would like to do some test driving, I would be more than willing to let you shoot some of mine.

Chris

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
cdtracing said:
Go to AR15.com and read thru some of the technical forums. Most of the guys there are extreamly knowledgeable. Are you going to be at the lunch Saturday?

Chris
Thanks. I'm not going to be there Saturday.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Well, I've since upgraded the fighting rifle from an MN91/30 to a Romanian WASR10, but there's still no accessories... Commie rifles don't need no freakin' accessories.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The rifle on top is an RRA entry tactical
the lower rifle is a Stag-15L Model 2L lefty rifle :twisted:

Caliber...5.56 Nato Chamber
Upper.....Forged and Mil Spec.
Sights.....MI ERS Rear Flip/Front Post
Barrel.....16" Chrome Lined 1/9 Twist
Selector...Ambi
Magazine...30 Round**
Stock......6 Position Collapsible