Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What accessories do you have on your rifle?

Light/laser? Remote switch or push button?

Vertical handle?

Tactical sling?

Iron or holographic sights…..what type?

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
I have a thought-activated light/laser combo mounted between the grenade launcher and the barrel. Vertical foregrip. Front-hanging harness. Iron sights.

Of course, this is my imaginary rifle since I don't have a real one :(

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
AR15

Burris 135 Speed Dot scope
Pentagon XM3 light/laser w/ IR filter touch pad to VFG
VFG tango down
CAA stock saddle
VTAC sling

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Accessories?

A bayonet longer than my leg.

That's all I freakin' NEED.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
gsusnake said:
Accessories?

A bayonet longer than my leg.

That's all I freakin' NEED.
That reminds me... That guy that came up to the table talking about the dead guy they found at Richmond Hill WMA :shock:
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that one.

I'm not shooting alone there any more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My go to rifles are an M14/m1a and an M1 Garand.
The m1a has a 10X mil-dot scope and a 1907 style national match leather sling.

The M1 Garand has a web sling only. Both rifles have a butt stock cleaning kit which I never use but have just in case I need it.
I like to keep rifles has simple as possible. I know the come-ups on the sights and the hold over on the scope. I will admit that I keep a bug-out bag and ammo in my truck. I like to have a rifle close buy at all times!!

.....no I don't have tin foil on my head!!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Pretty much all of my social rifles are simple setup with slings on them. I do have a butt cuff that holds a few mags on a Ruger PC9.

I do have the Marlin 336 in .30-30 pictured below that was the result of a little creative thinking. All of the metal is parkerized in black. It has a Ramline synthetic stock and is topped with a Bushnell 1.75-5x32 scope that is mounted with quick release mounts. With the scope set at 1.75, I have a wide enough field of view that I feel comfortable clearing a room with it. At 5x, I have a little more reach. I have a elastic band on the stock that holds ammo and a cartridge belt that I wear around my belly just above my pistol belt. I adapted combat shotgun loading techniques to keep her running.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
All of my rifles have their original slings, if applicable. My AR has a forward pistol grip and I have a 4x carrying handle scope but rarely use it.

When my Form 1 comes back ( :snore: ) I'll likely put a Eotech or Aimpoint on my shortie AR.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
legacy38 said:
Pretty much all of my social rifles are simple setup with slings on them. I do have a butt cuff that holds a few mags on a Ruger PC9.

I do have the Marlin 336 in .30-30 pictured below that was the result of a little creative thinking. All of the metal is parkerized in black. It has a Ramline synthetic stock and is topped with a Bushnell 1.75-5x32 scope that is mounted with quick release mounts. With the scope set at 1.75, I have a wide enough field of view that I feel comfortable clearing a room with it. At 5x, I have a little more reach. I have a elastic band on the stock that holds ammo and a cartridge belt that I wear around my belly just above my pistol belt. I adapted combat shotgun loading techniques to keep her running.

I absolutely love that. Now I really need to get a levergun, but I want a HD shotgun first :(

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Well lets see..
My National Match AR is in it's pristine stock form so no accessories except a nice range sling.
My other AR (upper really) is a flattop with a Knight Industries M5,a Command Arms FFG4 Vertical grip, an Aimpoint CompM2, and a Surefire M600A Scout light (which I usually remove at the range).

I also have an IR Laser for when I break out the NVD's :)

I'm working on building a new rifle from scratch, but I'm sure noone wants to hear about that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts