Abuse of Authority?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I like the fact she said, I had a burger from the same batch... it was a little salty but I ate it anyway.

Abuse

3. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Let me think about this....

Abuse.

Yeah, I'm sure

Maybe Union City needs to upgrade its police force. He called in backup to arrest a McDonald's cook. What does he call in for real crimes, the National Guard?

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

He calls his mama!

5. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Something seems screwy about this.
    Likely Abuse, but I think there's something more to the story

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Lying

I have a gut feeling that she's lying. She knew there was a cop in the drive-thru, and (perhaps at the urging of some other lowlifes at the restaurant) they decided to make the officer a "special" burger just to mess with him.

But it was salt and pepper, not bleach or grill cleaner! So was the officer really put at risk? Was it reasonable for him to think his health was at risk from one bite of the sandwich? And if he ate more than one bite, there couldn't have been that much salt, right?

I'm not sure what the right charge is, but she ought to be charged with something for contaminating a cop's food.

7. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Re: Lying

+1

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Charged? no. Fired? yes.

9. merlock

merlock Active Member

3 different agencies? :roll:

What a wuss...

Abuse. :evil:

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

11. fallison

fallison Guest

agree

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

me too

13. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Re: Lying

Fixed that for you.

Having worked in the food service industry in college, I have found myself amazed at the minority of people that would actually act on contaminating someone's food. The practice is so reprehensible.

I was also amazed at the people that would be outright abusive to the staff that was going to prepare / handle their food.

Here's a lesson for life: Be very nice to the people who handle your food.

14. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Definitely fired!!!! Send the burger out to the CSI Guys, if there are body fluids on it, then arrested.

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I am the law.....!

:Nunchaku:

Let's see...... where have I heard that before?

:-k

Oh yeah! From Officer Asshat. At the GUN SHOW!!!!!

:goldstar: :handcuffs:

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

"Extra" salt and pepper did not put the cop at risk. Even though we all know it probably wasn't a mistake, it could have been.

The cop should have went inside and told the manager and the culprit should have been fired if it was determined that it was done on purpose.

So I'll have to call abuse on this one.

17. tony218

tony218 New Member

i didn't know they put salt on the burgers, i never had one that had
    salt on it. i think it was intentional.

18. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Exactly. I think the person probobly deserves charges placed on her if she did it intentionally. That's what the judical system will decide. I am not so quick to say "abuse" at this point.

And he may have called for back up so he could get there opinion if he should arrest her, or if he legally could. Not because he couldn't handle the situation.

19. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

So you guys want it to be illegal to put too much salt on somebody's hamburger? What harm is done other than it not tasting so good? I don't think I'd want to work in the food industry with you guys in charge, one mistake and bam you are in jail. Even if it was intentional no harm was done. Besides how can we police thought. He should have complained and gotten her fired. I support a law when it comes to intentionally placing body fluids, chemicals, or other nasty things but not for too much seasoning.

I guess some people like the idea of a "nanny state." :x

20. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Are you sure?

Have you ever had beef flavored french fries?
    Most would say no. However if you have ever had McDonalds french fries the you have had beef flavored french fries.