A View From The Cop

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

How about the civilians that need to do the same?

Again how about the civilians that need to do the same. I do realize that a LEO due to the nature of the job are more likely to be in this situation but is this not the same reason we carry and converse here about repercussions?

I guess that we are not professional enough to matter.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I do not think you are being fair.

He is writing about police shootings. That is his topic. He has written before on "civilians" (non-military, non-police :lol: ) carry. He even wrote about his own experience needing to draw a gun in a parking deck when leaving a sporting event (although he did not seem to be aware that he was carrying somewhere that you and I cannot).

I have not seen anything by him denigrating carry by non-LEOs.

4. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I dont think I have read anything from him stating an anti-civilian carry position. He seems to be level in my opinion. As MP mentioned, the article about the sporting even was interesting. I wasnt sure he realized the average citizen with a GFL can't carry there either.

But he has never been anti to my knowledge. And I think alot of these incidents are unknown because they are facts. Media doesnt like facts, they like events. If they reported every time a civilian had an occurance, attempted attack of any nature, or dangerous situation everybody would probably carry a gun.

I agree with S&W 40, the average citizen now adays has many dangerous situations and should be allowed to carry wherever we wish with our license.

5. fallison

fallison Guest

Did it strike anyone else that he is railing against the same thing that is getting our soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, the ROE that makes them question what the consequences are going to be if they defend themselves? It isn't working over there, and it won't work on the streets here.

6. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Think they aimed around the armor or just sprayed bullets willy-nilly and only the shots that fell outside of the vest were fatal?

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

That was my initial thought. Too bad there was no mention of how many bullets didnt kill officers for wearing their vest. I have never seen thug life at a shooting range before! You know the gangsta grips and all.

8. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I have.

It's scary.

9. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

man I hope I never.........

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I have as well. I just left.

11. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

MP,

Correct I am not, to many long workdays have me in a negative mind set.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

MP,

Correct I am not, to many long workdays have me in a negative mind set.[/quote:1keqzsi3]

Anybody notice how rarely this site degenerates into petty arguments and name-calling?

That is what keeps me here!

:D

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I have too. It was at Richmond Hill. Not sure if they were the same people that were there when it was me, Ramm, and some of his friends.

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

MP,

Correct I am not, to many long workdays have me in a negative mind set.[/quote:1fco20hj]

Anybody notice how rarely this site degenerates into petty arguments and name-calling?

:D[/quote:1fco20hj]

I'm not going to start calling anyone names who openly carries an H&K .45. :wink:

15. fallison

fallison Guest

MP,

Correct I am not, to many long workdays have me in a negative mind set.[/quote:1bwh7pm6]

:D[/quote:1bwh7pm6]

+100
    (Especially since I am so opinionated) :lol:

16. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Training, training, and more training is definitely the key (sworn and non-sworn). There is a huge difference between qualifying and training, and all too often agencies get people "qualified" and stop there.

17. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Exactly, as long as they qualify and the paper work is done correctly the agency is covered. Very few actually train to fight and win. Mostly because of money and ambiguous range safety rules. Real training and safety have to be looked at objectively not one sided.