A Trying Day at the Range

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by rjinga, Jul 6, 2017.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

The rifle (iron sights; no scope):
    [​IMG]

The ammunition (Surplus, MEN16, Wolf):
    [​IMG]

This set of photos is me trying to hit the 100 yd target. I’m standing and shooting offhand. First with the Surplus ammo, then the MEN16; five rounds each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This set is me trying to hit the 200 yd target. I’m standing and shooting offhand again. Surplus ammo, then the MEN16 again; five rounds each.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I’m sitting crossed-legged and trying to hit the 300 yd target with five rounds of Surplus and then five rounds of MEN16.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is the results of me trying the prone position for the first time ever at 400 yds. Five rounds each of Surplus and then MEN16.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next I tried hitting the steel silhouette at 400 yds without a spotter to call my shots. I got 10, or 11, hits out of 20 rounds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rjinga

rjinga Member

Cont.

Then I moved two of the targets to 50 yds and tried snap-shooting at both of them (seven shots each) and the 100 yd target (six shots) using Wolf ammo and the #1 open-topped rear sight. I was standing and shooting offhand again.
    [​IMG]
    1st 50 yd target:
    [​IMG]
    2nd 50 yd target:
    [​IMG]
    100 yd target:
    [​IMG]

And then I finished up with 20 rounds of MEN16 at the 200 yd target again. I was standing, but bracing off of a support post.
    [​IMG]