1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Are we reading the same article?

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
"Over the past month, in a spate of e-mails and political pitches, conservative opponents of incumbent Speaker Joe Straus have said they want him replaced not because of his Jewish religion, but because of his betrayal of Republican principles."

No, that's surely not the reason... they simply must be racist anti-Semites!

"Peter Morrison, who publishes a newsletter, wrote in a recent dispatch that Straus' rabbi sits on the board of San Antonio Planned Parenthood."
--
"'My problem with Speaker Straus is his 100% rating with pro-abortion groups like NARAL and his teaming up with Democrats in the last session to kill conservative legislation,' Morrison added."

Well, on second thought... looks to me like this has less to do with the faith of Joe Straus and more to do with his less-than-Conservative political values. That's probably because most Tea Partiers and a good chunk of the Republican party are pro-Israel and have pro-Christian values.

Still, nice attempt to slam Christian Conservatives... :sly:

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In one e-mail conversation between two members of the State Republican Executive Committee, official John Cook stressed the need for a Christian to lead other Christians in the legislature.
"We elected a house with Christian, conservative values. We now want a true Christian, conservative running it," Cook said in the Nov. 30 e-mail, first published by the Texas Observer.
Cook, confirming the e-mail's authenticity, told FoxNews.com that his conversation was not about Straus' religion and that he didn't even know until recently that Straus was Jewish. But he stood by his belief that Christian conservatives should lead.
"My e-mail said nothing about Jewish people. I just want Christian conservatives in office," he said.
So, it's not just about him being Jewish, he just wants the leader to be a Christian conservative. :screwy:

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.texasobserver.org/hotonthetr ... nto-office

Cook said his opposition was not about Straus' religion, although he prefers Christian candidates.

"They're some of my best friends," he said of Jews, naming two friends of his. "I'm not bigoted at all; I'm not racist."
I remember some of the Klan saying they couldn't possibly be racist, because some of their best friends were black.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, but based on this guy's comments, it sounds like he doesn't want a Jew running the statehouse and when questioned on it, he brought up his pro-choice stance.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
samman23 said:
Is it me or was this thread started just for the purposes of trolling?

Just opining, mind you.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you ms. pot, or are you ms. kettle?

Anyway, then anytime someone brings up the idea of sarcastically calling Islam a religion of peace, then they are being a troll, simply because they are posting to get an emotional response, yes?

·
Registered
34 Posts
No it's only okay to go after Islam, Christianity is off limits. Besides this guy sounds like he's one of those 'good ol' boys' right out of the 1950s. People in the south don't want to be reminded of that.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
And people wonder why Christians in this country sometimes just drive me crazy!

Who the heck cares what religion he is? Jewish, Christian? Who cares? Look at a politicians principles, character, and voting record. I could care what religion a politician carries, I just truly care about their principles.

Christians pulling crap like this is a great recruiter for other religions or just driving people to atheism. Not that there is a problem with any of them, but goodness! Atheism looks better and better everyday.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Pretty ridiculous for Bdee to post topics like this when he puts people on his ignore list (like me) for daring to question him on Islam. He personally attacked me several times in the past on here and when I dared to prove him wrong, he flipped his lid even more and put me on ignore. He's intellectually dishonest.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts