A Newly Prohibited Person?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, May 3, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I lifted this from War on Guns. Something to think about...

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/05/n ... erson.html

Thursday, May 03, 2007
    A Newly Prohibited Person?

A State University of New York at Cobleskill student, suspended after posting a picture of himself posing with a shotgun on the Internet, said he received a five-day academic suspension.

The student, Tharindu Meepegama, in a Wednesday phone interview from A.O. Fox Hospital in Oneonta, where he was undergoing an evaluation, said he posed no threat. But he received the suspension "pending a psychological evaluation" after posting the picture April 17 on his profile page on the social-networking Web site Facebook.

Hospital? So he's been involuntarily committed for having his picture taken holding a shotgun because the paranoid campus officials and authorities go bonkers even thinking of such things due to recent "threats"--none of which Meepegama apparently had anything to do with? And they think he's nuts?

Seeing as how someone in an official capacity ordered this kid into the hospital for a psych evaluation as a condition of lifting his suspension, does that qualify with being "adjudicated"? Will an involuntary commitment cause his name to kick out if that record is included in the database supplying NICS? Or is this one of those things where it's considered "voluntary" as long as you do exactly as ordered? And you folks taking this week's WarOnGuns poll over in the left margin who are supporting NRA's position: would you still choose one of those options if you thought more Meepgama's might be disqualified than truly dangerous people?

If so, how many cases like this can we expect because officials suffer from hoplophobia--a self-induced mental affliction even I might say ought to disqualify someone from owning a gun--at least until they're cured.

Oh, and one other thing, "sportsmen": You'll notice the kid was posing with a shotgun. One day, some of you who still don't get it might figure out they hate you as much--if not more--than they hate anyone.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:roll:

There are still plenty of pictures of "non-sporting" still up... :roll: :roll: :roll:

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

So let me understand this!

If you are not posed in front of or not dressed like a sporting event you can be hauled off to a mental hospital for evaluation?
    :screwy:
    I have the answer: Let's dress like our favorite team and have a baseball bat on one shoulder and sling our favorite assault rifle over the other and we will not be deemed nuts.
    \:D/

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:woohoo:

sounds like a plan!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is this a joke? Surely this cannot be true.

6. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

It seems to be real!!!!

It seems to be true, and don't call me surely.
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I have a feeling that if I were that young man I could, in a very short span of time, have a list of several lawyers that would be drooling to crawl allll over that school & their bank account.

SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE.
    Would become my new mantra were I still in college and the dean/board wanted to play that kind of BS game with me. Let's see do you want to be a left wing nut job or keep my attnys out of your wallets? These kind of knee jerk reactions & "zero" tolerance policies make me :puke:

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

$65M would sould like a good round figure.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

And what ever you do, don't get caught in a picture at a public gathering. [-X

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I would get a lawyer and sue the bejesus out of them. After I have all their money I would buy cases of ammo and take and post a picture of me bathing in all the ammo. With a copy of the check from the school that paid for it all naturally.

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

hmmm, would you were a speedo for the pic?

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I figure a strategically placed M4gery will work.

13. steelhorses

steelhorses New Member

As Michael Savage says "Liberalism is a mental disorder". Just more evidence that's right