Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember that I bought this Springfield a few weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53096,
and I was told then it would not be my last.

After the gun show last weekend I stopped by to see my good friends at Autry's Armory, and while looking around I "just asked" to only "hold" this pistol.

That was a big fat mistake, and I knew it the minute it hit my hands.

It is a Kimber Pro CDP II. Comes from their Custom Shop, and everything is hand fitted. Very, very, tight.

I have fired about 150 rounds, per Kimbers break-in instructions. This thing is very tight, and has to be broken in!! I'm used to yanking a Glock out of the box and firing away. First 30 rounds went flawless. Next 20 rounds had FTRB, about 1 per magazine.

Stripped, cleaned, and oiled, then about 50 more rounds. Only 1 FTRB.

Stripped, cleaned, and oiled tonight, 50 more rounds, all ran flawless without a problem.

Taking it to the range tomorrow night for about 200-300 more, and I hope to proclaim it "carry ready". Kimber says about 300 and it should be good to go.

This is the most expensive pistol I have ever bought. It feels expensive, and it feels good in the hand.

And now for the best part::::::::

·
Registered
677 Posts
Now just get you a zookeeper holster, and you've got it made!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man that's a fine handgun. I want one so bad (you're not helping) but if I got one, I don't think I could ever bring myself to subject it to the wear and tear of daily carry. It's too pretty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts