Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.vpc.org/press/0703dc.htm

If the ruling in this case is upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, it has the potential to lay the groundwork for literally every local, state, and federal gun law in America to be challenged: from the federal ban on gun possession by felons, to the ban on carrying guns onto airplanes, to the ban on the manufacture of fully automatic machine guns for civilian use.

While today’s decision is a dream come true for America’s gun lobby and gunmakers, it may mark the beginning of a long, national nightmare from which we will never recover as a nation.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
it may mark the beginning of a long, national nightmare from which we will never recover as a nation.
Dang and I was hoping this would turn out to be a wet dream, oh well there's always tomorrow night.

·
Registered
633 Posts
"Today’s split decision by the Court of Appeals to overturn the District of Columbia’s handgun ban is not only contrary to the overwhelming weight of legal authority, but will certainly increase gun death and injury among District residents and increase the risks faced by the law enforcement personnel who protect all residents and workers in Washington, DC."

Let me rewrite this just a little:

We are going to see a rise in the deaths of some criminal residents which contrary to some of these liberal's beliefs is a good thing. D.C. will now see a drop in it's crime rate which is a good thing as well. Law Enforcement officers are going to realize that law abiding citizens with firearms can be trusted and are not to be feared.

See, they should hire me to do the writing!

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. . . it has the potential to lay the groundwork for literally every local, state, and federal gun law in America to be challenged: from the . . . to the ban on carrying guns onto airplanes, to the ban on the manufacture of fully automatic machine guns for civilian use.
This does not sound too bad! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts