Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This didn't make national news for a reason.
Two concealed handgun permit holders stop mass public shooting at auto shop in Rockledge, Florida
https://crimeresearch.org/2017/11/t...-public-shooting-auto-shop-rockledge-florida/

Two concealed handgun permit holders stopped an attack at Schlenker Automotive repair shop at 4:30 PM on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The attacker, Robert Bailey, was armed with a .45-caliber handgun and "multiple magazines" and killed one person and severely wounded another in the business' parking lot. Bailey continued shooting inside the shop. From Florida Today:
According to news reports, Bailey had no connection to the auto shop. Indeed, he didn't even own a car. It appears as if Bailey had selected this target simply to kill people.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If only there was a lesson to be learned here.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
If only there was a lesson to be learned here.
What I learned today is that Schlenker Automotive doesn't appear to be a gun free zone and, as such, Mr. Bailey failed to observe the golden rule of selecting soft targets....

Reactions: Taurus92

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I learned today is that Schlenker Automotive doesn't appear to be a gun free zone and, as such, Mr. Bailey failed to observe the golden rule of selecting soft targets....
Yes, he was reported to be having mental issues. I tend to put all criminals in the "they've got mental issues" category, but selecting soft targets is usually at the top of the criminal's list.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Reactions: Taurus92
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.