A Little Upland Bird Hunting Anyone

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mb90535im, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

Made this pic looking out the dinning room window of our cabin a few minutes ago. I've seen several around. A little surprising with as many coyotes as there are in the area.

[​IMG]

2. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I found a honey hole full of doves day before yesterday. I am hitting that this weekend. I guess I better check if bird season is even in. The good thing is they are lighting in trees, so I don't have to waste shells on them flying, cause I probably couldn't hit one flying.

Oh and since it is a water hole, I want mention those green heads that were floating around in it. I am thinking duck and dressing Saturday.

The foxes and coyotes around my place have killed all the quail. That is why I kill every fox and yote I see. I did have a cubby that used to run across my lower front yard. Then I started seeing foxes and yotes in my driveway. No more quail.

3. bgs210

bgs210 Luggage Killer

Dove Season in Georgia

Quail Season in Georgia

4. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I thought to shoot a bird it had to be in flight?

5. pml

pml Active Member

Well, that's the sporting way. I won't judge people though. I got my first grouse in a tree, and buddy got his first turkey in a tree-- he mentioned something about failing to get the "rules" explained to him. lol

That's a beautiful grouse. I don't think coyotes hurt the grouse population I was out west a couple months ago, and they have lots of coyotes and lots of grouse. I've always heard feral and house cats hurt the quail population more than anything else.

6. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

[/quote:5w2mhd00]

Thank you Bob.

7. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I am not doing it for sport. I would like to have a dozen or so birds marinated in Italian dressing, wrapped with bacon, on the grill and about 3 Ice Cold Coors to go with them, and a good ball game on. MMMmmmmm good.

8. pml

pml Active Member

Enjoy!