Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this pic looking out the dinning room window of our cabin a few minutes ago. I've seen several around. A little surprising with as many coyotes as there are in the area.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I found a honey hole full of doves day before yesterday. I am hitting that this weekend. I guess I better check if bird season is even in. The good thing is they are lighting in trees, so I don't have to waste shells on them flying, cause I probably couldn't hit one flying.

Oh and since it is a water hole, I want mention those green heads that were floating around in it. I am thinking duck and dressing Saturday.

The foxes and coyotes around my place have killed all the quail. That is why I kill every fox and yote I see. I did have a cubby that used to run across my lower front yard. Then I started seeing foxes and yotes in my driveway. No more quail.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
I thought to shoot a bird it had to be in flight?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
mountainpass said:
Well, that's the sporting way. I won't judge people though. I got my first grouse in a tree, and buddy got his first turkey in a tree-- he mentioned something about failing to get the "rules" explained to him. lol

That's a beautiful grouse. I don't think coyotes hurt the grouse population I was out west a couple months ago, and they have lots of coyotes and lots of grouse. I've always heard feral and house cats hurt the quail population more than anything else.

·
Registered
264 Posts
pml said:
mountainpass said:
Well, that's the sporting way. I won't judge people though. I got my first grouse in a tree, and buddy got his first turkey in a tree-- he mentioned something about failing to get the "rules" explained to him. lol

That's a beautiful grouse. I don't think coyotes hurt the grouse population I was out west a couple months ago, and they have lots of coyotes and lots of grouse. I've always heard feral and house cats hurt the quail population more than anything else.
I am not doing it for sport. I would like to have a dozen or so birds marinated in Italian dressing, wrapped with bacon, on the grill and about 3 Ice Cold Coors to go with them, and a good ball game on. MMMmmmmm good.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
XDMWarrior said:
pml said:
mountainpass said:

I am not doing it for sport. I would like to have a dozen or so birds marinated in Italian dressing, wrapped with bacon, on the grill and about 3 Ice Cold Coors to go with them, and a good ball game on. MMMmmmmm good.
Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts