a link to some printable pistol targets

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Claire, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Excellent. I've been looking for these for a while.

Thanks, Claire!

3. Claire

Claire New Member

You're welcome
    they printed good

I'm going to check out some from Av8r's link

4. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Given the average cost of printer cartridges, I come out cheaper buying air rifle targets from Wal-Mart.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

6. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Glock targets are great, they are reliable, accurate and don't cost as much as those HK targets.

7. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Thanks Claire and everyone!

I've never printed my own, so when you print at 8x11 what distance should the target be, being that they're so much smaller than the ones at the range? Is there a "1/10 scale" ratio, like instead of shooting 20 yards this target is for 2 yards, etc.?

... I'm such a noob ...

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Gotta agree Glocks make great targets. It's picking up all the bits of plastic afterwords that is a pain...

9. Claire

Claire New Member

:lol:

10. budder

Eh, leave them out in the sun for a while and it'll melt into a nice puddle for you. Just pick it up when it's cooler outside.

11. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

You seem to be neglecting the fact that your beloved HK makes plastic framed pistols as well. How about an FN 5.7 where not only the frame is plastic but also the slide. And if I recall as I was standing beside you in 100 degree weather shooting hundreds of rounds through my single G34 you were having to switch back and forth to a different weapon because your all metal HK was getting too hot. Why does the needless Glock bashing go on? They are relaible, they are accurate, they are effective and they are reasonably priced. Just because Lara Croft didn't glue some plastic crap on them and use them in Tomb Raider doesn't make them bad.

12. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Because it's fun! :lol:

13. budder

++

It wouldn't be nearly as fun to only make fun of Jennings/Bryco/Jimenez, especially since no one here has any.

14. lowside

lowside New Member

A laser printer is the way to go. For 95% of what I print I don't really need color and they print faster and cheaper. You can pick one up for less than $100 these days and the toner cartridges last damn near forever (at least for me).

15. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Thanks everyone for posting the links. :D

16. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I am with you on your point since my favs are my XDs and my 5.7 but I wanted to clarify that the FiveseveN's slide COVER is made of plastic the slide underneath is metal. :D

17. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I knew that, the FiveseveN seems a little odd, I haven't shot one but it was weird to hold Gives you a bunch of rounds to fire.

Also I read today that the first plastic gun was actually made by HK. So I really don't understand why all of the HK guys make fun of plastic guns since apparently they invented them and Glock perfected them. :D