Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

A good birthday!

528 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Egregious 
#1 ·
Yesterday was my birthday and I spent it hanging around with my wife. She wanted to go to the Outlet Mall in Dawsonville, which normally means I hang around with her while she goes to Coach, Burbury, etc and looks at designer purses. After way less time than usual, she claims to be bored and I ask where she wants to go. She replies by asking if I want to go see Derek at 400 J&L. I told her that I would justy want to spend money if I went there and she reminded me that it was birthday after all.

I was at 400 Jewelry and Loan a week ago looking at J-frames. They had stainless models for $350 + tax before the $50 rebate from S&W and knew which one I wanted. As I'm looking at it, Derek says to hang on a minute that he has an idea. He pulls out a used 638-3 that was traded in by a Dawson Co. deputy who used it for a bug. It's in near perfect shape with just a faint drag line on the cylinder and a slight scrape on one of the grips. He has it marked for $325 + tax. He tells me that I don't want to mess with the rebate, that I can have it for $300 OTD.

I said yes, grabbed a Blackhawk pocket holster and asked for a box of cheap range ammo for now. As I'm filling out the 4473, my wife tells him that it's my birthday and he says in that case, just give him $310 even for the pistol and the $10 holster, and happy birthday, the ammo is on him. After we paid and got in the car, I looked in the bag, and not only did he give me a box of S&B range ammo, but he also gave me a box of 125+p Gold Dots for carry.

This is why I will continue to go to Derek at 400 J&L for purchases. He always takes care of returning customers. It also shows that my wife really does know and love me.

Now I just need to get this to the range!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.