Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am really glad to be outta that place. I appreciate the welcome home as well.....naw, ya'll haven't got rid of me yet. I got more on my mind....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Now waitaminutehere...

We have an elected official, and a law enforcement officer at that, actually being proactive and communicating with the common folk? :shock: =D> :righton:

I may actually pass out from surprise...! 8)

Welcome to the bbs and I, for one, think it's great you're here.

Now, if we could just get all the other local sheriff's in here!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good to see a pro carry CLEO with us

Great to see a pro carry CLEO unlike some CLEO's and LEO's I have ran into.At least you are doing the right step and talk with us on your views on GFL holders rights and the carry of firearms.So I welcome you sir :D :) 8) I hope you will be helpful on all of our questions we might have on Georgia firearms laws.

·
Romans 10:13
4,610 Posts
:welcome: Sheriff. Glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Again, I appreciate all the welcomes and I am looking forward to the interaction this group has. As far as me expressing my opinion, I think anyone who knows me would say that isn't an issue. I actually write a weekly newspaper column too. Getting my opinion doesn't take that much.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Not yet. I write it in our local weekly newspaper. The newly hired editor wants to make it available online. I think I have written a weekly column for about 4 years now.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I read it almost every week. Sheriff Berry writes about interesting and timely topics.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks, I am glad someone reads it. (haha)

BTW, assuming something from your handle. My wife bought me an XD9 for my birthday. First SA pistol I have owned, and I really like it. Not approved for duty alas, but I find myself with it a good bit.

·
68,080 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Not approved for duty alas, but I find myself with it a good bit.
Not approved for duty?

:lol:

You did not approve it?

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Issued Glocks ONLY, even for the Boss Man. Back up or off duty are unregulated except as to a manufacturer and design approved by the Chief Deputy and the Sheriff. We offer qualification with back up or off duty firearms as well. Not mandatory. We provide all the ammo you can shoot in 9, 40, 5.56 as well. Other calibers are on your dime.

·
68,080 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
We provide all the ammo you can shoot in 9, 40, 5.56 as well.
Wow :shock: My department didn't do that! Good policy. I hope your guys take you up on it.

I was shocked at how little training officers typically do. It was a chore just to get many of them to pass the requalifications, as easy as they are.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Man...why can't the Cobb County sheriff be like this? :shock: 8)

Question for you (just curious, doesn't apply to me since I'm not in your county) - does your department offer "ride alongs" for citizens who are interested in Law Enforcement?

·
68,080 Posts
You would be bored to tears if not in one of the really busy jurisdictions on a summer weekend night.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I gotta take up for my friend Neal over in Cobb....I have a MUCH smaller outfit and a lot fewer demands on my time....I hope you can get a chance to meet him one of these days. I am sure you would like him.
As to ride a longs, I used to allow them pretty much unrestricted, then folks started taking advantage and work wasn't getting done, so now I do offer them but for a specific reason usually. However, with all the crap we have in the front seats of the patrol cars now we have a hard time wedging a citizen in anyway. Radar, Lidar, Cameras, Laptops, radios, rifles, shotguns.....getting to be out of control
AND MP is right, most ride a longs are rather routine........

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Thanks, I am glad someone reads it. (haha)

BTW, assuming something from your handle. My wife bought me an XD9 for my birthday. First SA pistol I have owned, and I really like it. Not approved for duty alas, but I find myself with it a good bit.
Yes, I have the XD9 Tactical. After 10,000 rounds it's still runnin' fine. If you'd like a great trigger job I can highly recommend Canyon Creek Custom. http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/Home_Page.html
If you'd like to try mine I'd be happy to let you. I have the Tru-Glo Tritium sights also.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
hit me after the first of the year XD and we might get some trigger time down at our range. I am trying to get this dern jail built and finished right now, it sorta has me distracted with all the subs running around the place, I can't seem to find much time.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
You would be bored to tears if not in one of the really busy jurisdictions on a summer weekend night.
I'm almost 40 years old. Boring is just fine by me. 8)

I've just always been curious about the typical routine day of a deputy or police officer. My only experience with it is the TV show "Cops" and well, that isn't saying much, is it? *grin*

41 - 60 of 63 Posts