Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It is not a matter of convienence, it is a matter of security. You, as an individual, may feel comfortable in a booking room with an inmate. Howevere, if something the inmate does injures you, then you have a cause of action against me since I ignored an obvious safety concern. We have both men and women who need to be printed, and we don't mix taxpayers with inmates. No Sheriff I know of would. A jail is a dangerous environment. We want the honest folks to go home safe and sound.

·
68,519 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
I just spoke with Judge Anglins office.
They have issued over 175 temporary permits while waiting for the complete background check, the clerk offered to get me the exact number but I told her that wasn't necessary. They ARE NOT charging a dollar for it,, even thought they are authorized to do so.
I will add Oconee County to the "Issuing" list for temporary licenses. :D Thank you for checking on that. That makes Oconee County one of only about half a dozen counties in the state.

As for updating the Oconee County information page, that will have to wait for GS1's return, which I believe is sometime today.

·
68,519 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
The owner of this web site is returning from Cozumel today

:drink:

so if he is not too hungover, I am sure he will update the Oconee County licensing process later today! :D
Well, apparently I need to learn how to read, or at least figure out how to read dates, as the site's owner is not currently on vacation, and I have been upbraided for posting such slanderous accusations. I am refusing, however, to delete the above post, because, in my view, a hangover incurred at home, rather than Cozumel . . .

:lol:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Thanks for dropping by.

The only way to change information on the website is to send it to me. You can tell me by posting on the forum or sending an email (by clicking on GeorgiaPacking.org link in the Copywrite notice at the bottom of every page)

Oconee has been updated: http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl2.php?id=107
The Probate court accepts license applications Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.
Once the application and consent forms are completed at the probate court, the applicant should go to the Frank Norris Building for fingerprinting.
Before arriving at the Frank Norris Building, obtain a $24.00 money order, made payable to GCIC. We do fingerprints (electronically) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-2, and the charge is 5 dollars, not 10 (cash only please). The location is not the jail, but the Frank Norris Building next to the jail, the staff will be happy to help you.
IF for some reason this just does not work for you, contact Sheriff Berry and he will arrange a time to print you in the jail.

Printing in the jail will be done as soon as practical, since the booking and processing of inmates can not be done with a citizen in the same room. It might take patience while you wait, but we will get to it. When the new jail opens the firearms and other "volunteer" type printing will take place in the new hearing room, the days and hours not yet set.
So you know, what I had for Oconee's process I took from the Oconee county website by clicking on the "Firearms License Information" in the lefthand menu (second from bottom). :D

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We changed the way we were processing fingerprints about 4-5 months ago, going from ink to livescan (actually, the new GFL fingerprinting requirement was the impulse that got it done). The information for Oconee was correct at the time you posted it, but it had changed, even if the .gov website still had the wrong info on it. I will get them to change it as well.

Thanks for the headsup on how to make corrections.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
welcome aboard sheriff, hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Another one of the Good Guys!
Welcome!
Always good to see a pro-2nd LEO around. Give's me hope for the country every time I see one! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Sheriff Berry, if I gave offence please accept my apologies. It was not my intention. I understand your position.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
None taken Wiley. Our current jail is set up in such a way to as to make it impractical to have good guys and bad guys in the same room. The new jail resolves that issue.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
The Probate Judges name is David Anglin.
Wouldn't it been cool to have a Probate Judge join the board too?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Sheriff Berry, it's great to have you here. Your knowledge and experience will be a valuable asset to us, because as you may have noticed, we have more questions than answers... Actually, a LOT more!!!

Glad to meet you and welcome to our merry little band of gun nuts. Hope you continue to enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
GAGunOwner said:
Wouldn't it been cool to have a Probate Judge join the board too?
Several of them already read it! :wink:
They're just checking up to see who's GFL renewal apps need to be moved to the bottom of the stack...

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry group, I was hospitalized for about 10 days...back now...just thought I would try to catch up this weekend

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Sorry group, I was hospitalized for about 10 days...back now...just thought I would try to catch up this weekend
Eww, last time I visited that place I was on a liquid diet for a month. :(

·
68,519 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Welcome back! I thought maybe we accidently ran you off! :D

I sincerely hope all is well with your health and the holidays approaching.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts