A few of my Petit Le Mans pics

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mzmtg, Oct 3, 2010.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Just a handful of the ~900 shots I took at Road Atlanta over the weekend:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me trying to comprehend all the gadgets on the Jag XJ SuperSport I test drove:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come...

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Thanks for the pics. I keep saying I'm going to go, but never do. Any pointers for a first timer, other than ear protection.

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Bring water, a chair, some shade, sunblock, raincoat, backpack for all the loot, camera, binoculars, lots of cash for the expensive food

4. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I wanted to go just for the world challenge, but alas work. Always a fun time up there.

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

i've always wanted to go to this.

6. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

its a great time if you can handle to weather and stick it out. I do agree with all the great lewt. theres tons of freebies the times I've been. Not to mention great picture opportunities.

7. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

Wow! Cars that can turn both ways, in GA? How on Earth did they ever get in? :lol:

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thanks for the pics!! I had to miss this year for a rugby game.

9. mrtopher1980

mrtopher1980 New Member

Great pics.

Never was a big Ferrari fan but was loving the black Patron cars.

So much nicer without the rain this year.

The black cobra kit with the new 5.0 crate motor backdraft racing had in the vendor village has had me on a cobra kick for the last 48 hours. If I didn't have so many projects already a factory 5 kit would be on route to GA.

Was glad to see the volt in person, still planning on a leaf though for price, and man now I really wish I could afford a Tesla.

Peugeot needs to go away :)

10. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

Is anyone else running a diesel besides Audi or Puegot?

those are really odd to hear when they come by you compared to the rest of the class, but are absolutely amazing cars..

11. mrtopher1980

mrtopher1980 New Member

Not that i recall someone in my group had taped the roster up in our ez-up and it listed fuel types each was using and I believe it was just the two teams.

Everyone else was E-10.. this is not green this was just a high octane version of the crap we get at the pump that makes your car run inconsistently from tank to tank.

or

E-85: corvette racing and a few others. Actual "green" fuel, roughly compares to 109 octane gasoline or so and same as you would get at an E85 pump to run in your flex fuel vehicle. Requires roughly 30% more fuel however compared to standard gasoline since stoic of straight ethanol is about 9:1, E85 is about 10:1 and gasoline is 14.7:1..

The orange and white 997 was the first hybrid porsche race car to compete in the US, not sure what fuel it was running though for the gas engine.

12. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

I was there! Tomb and I watched the Ferrari leading the GT class run out of gas at turn 10 . . . on the very last lap. I think he went from 1st place to 24th.

13. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

did you see when top gear reviewed the teslas? Was hilarious. Broke down like 3 times if i remember right