A Fact Checker Walks into a Gun Rights Conference

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://motherjones.com/media/2010/10/fa ... conference

2. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Because you're a sheeple and have been conditioned that a) whitey is out to get your and b) guns are bad?

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

:puke: :puke: :puke:
    Malum, please don't post stuff like this so soon after lunch. :lol:

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Because, Titania, some segments of society have been conditioned to think of everything in terms of race instead of seeing people as what they are, rather than a color.

Although there may one come a day when we will judge others by the content of their character, rather than by the color of their skin, Titania will not be among those in the forefront of that little civil rights movement.

5. samman23

samman23 New Member

She must be afraid of white men. Heck, it sounds like 4 nice men just asked her out. I don't know that anything can help her see a different point of view regarding men who believe in gun rights.

6. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Okay, this is the periodical Mother Jones, the paper for Useful Idiots of the Progressive Left. Of course it is going to be anti-Constitutional and against guns.

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:roll:

8. seereus

seereus Active Member

Because shes a closet racist?????

9. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I've described myself as former military, I've described myself as Libertarian.

I don't think I've ever felt in necessary to describe myself as first by chromosomal composition and then by the color of my eyes, or hair, or skin as Who I Am. External factors such as that don't even enter into my self-view. The fact that someone Does first look at themselves in those terms gives me pause.

10. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Bingo.

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Sounds like she may have a personal problem that she needs to deal with.

To ad to the racism discussion, could you imagine if a white guy wrong on the internet that he gets uncomfortable everytime he is around black men that look a certain way or have cell phones on their hip, or whatever they have on them? You'd be called a racist.

She is the one that brought up that they were all white gun owners.

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

She couldn't possibly be afraid of guns...

13. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Fact Checking? She sure thinks alot of her regurgitation of Brady talking points.

Then she jumps the shark by thinking gun owners are racist because are white. What a crock of poop.

She could have at least explained the cultural hesitancy of Black American's to be visibly tied to guns (think Bull Connor, KKK, Atlanta Race Riot, and many other examples of the government landing hard on Black gun owners).

But alas, she's running the Liberal playbook .... "everyone who I don't agree with is a racist. Woe is me having to fight off all these racists who want to teach me how to defend myself."

14. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Guns don't hate people! People hate people!

15. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

She might be but I couldn't get past the racist statement to find out.
    Actually, the article was fairly well written and wasn't peppered with the usual anti-gun nonsense I find in many. She actually made an effort to accurately reflect what the pro-gun crowd was saying, instead of just calling loons or the such.

16. JDcollins78

JDcollins78 New Member

I am sorry but she cannot be THAT afraid of guns if she is willing to walk into a GUN convention. At the very least she should, at that point, realize how irrational her "fear" is.

Of course, I could be asking too much of a liberal.

17. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

It's a training issue. Too much exposure to movies and TV, not enough exposure to actual responsible gun owners.

Plus there's a disconnect in her logic. Assuming her statistic was true, which is in doubt, but even giving her that, what does a suburban non-black family having a lower chance of being a victim of violent crime than an urban black family have anything to do with that family's right to protect themselves?

Using her logic, each person who goes and applies for a GWL will get asked a set of questions about demographics. Then, the lady behind the counter will calculate your odds of being a victim of crime based on those demographics, and if the statistical chance is too low, sorry, no guns for you. :screwy:

Not all liberals are like her, and I'm working on my fellow liberals as much as I can.

18. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I used to work with a guy who was the most openly racist person I've ever met, and I've met quite a few! Finally, in a meeting, someone (actually, it was my brother) called him on it. He appeared shocked. I think he truly was. He then said he couldn't be a racist because he was black!

As for this woman, much like ol' Roosevelt, I don't think the word "closet" was really needed...

19. XLInfidel

XLInfidel New Member

:panic:

20. AV8R

AV8R Banned

More like :screwy: