A cold morning at the range, ( Richmond Hill )

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ARMT Guy, Jan 23, 2011.

1. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Took two of my new rifles out to try them and begin breaking them in:

SIG 516
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ruger SR556c
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't do a whole lot with the SIG, ( yet ) other than getting the small SIG red dot sighted in at 50 yds and running 120 rounds through it. Only issue I had was one of my P-mags would only feed one round at a time then no more. The mag also felt loose in the mag well. I tried it again later and had no further issues from it, though I did separate that particular mag from the rest for now. The other 5 P-mags performed perfectly. It also didn't do quite as good as the Ruger in the group dept, but that's most likely because of it's 1/7 twist compared to the Ruger's 1/9. I was shooting Remington 55gr .223 and Federal 55gr 5.56. I plan on installing a Wilson Combat TTU and some metal BUISs later down the road. Don't know what optic it'll end up with, either one of my ACOGs or Aimpoints.

With the Ruger, I sighted in the Comp M4S at 50 yds and ran 280 rounds through it. I added the Grip Pod, Magpul CTR and a Wilson Combat TTU. I REALLY love that TTU! While I currently have the Aimpoint sitting on a GG&G cantilever mount, I'll probably put the LaRue mount back on so I can run my Aimpoint 3X with it in tandem.

2. Bobo

Bobo New Member

Sounds like fun.

I want to go with you to the range.

3. ARMT Guy

8)

Great! Whenever my Household 6 element lets me go :p :lol: , I have no problem with others running rounds through my toys and trying them out for themselves. :)

The main thing I ask, ( in addition to be safe ) is that they bring their own ammo. :wink:

Do you live around here?

4. Bobo

Bobo New Member

About 3 hours away. :lol:

I do love Savannah though, so if I am ever coming down I will see if you are going to be around. I could most likely rustle up enough ammo for both of us to shoot, seems like the right thing to do when you are providing the cool rifles.

Just got into handguns in December, but starting to get the rifle itch, it is something I am just going to have to dream about for a long time (maybe in Nov/Dec).

5. ARMT Guy

:lol: No worries! :)

I try to hit the rifle range at least once or twice a month. Gimme a shout before you head over this way and we'll see what we can work out. 8)

6. William

William Member

7. ARMT Guy

Thanks! :D

It's outside of Richmond Hill, about a 20 to 25 minute drive from Savannah.

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Very sexy! I'm a big fan of the Sig assault rifles. :D :righton: