Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read the book "Brave new world" before? I saw the 1980 BBC film on google video and will be reading the book when I have the time... it's impressive to think the book was writen in 1931.

What I found interesting is that in this "brave new world," sociaty is broken down into a cast system, Alphas, Betas, Gamas, Deltas, Epsalons (spelling). Everyone in this sociaty has been druged and conditioned from birth to believe in perverted ideals such as "nature nauzia" (where they reject the natural world such as plants, natural food etc), the rejection of family (they claim the family is no longer needed), no parents (the unborn are manufactured in a plant not born naturally, cloned and genetically modified etc), sexual promescuity the norm and encuraged ("holy orgy services" replace "holy church services" etc), rejection of anything spiritual, and constant mind altering drug use (soma was the name of this drug.)

If you read the book or watch the BBC film (use google video), you will see shorty that it seems like a "perfect sociaty," no one gets old physically, starves, no crime etc... but the tragic cost is that there is no true freedom of the mind, body or spirit, though they claim that "you can have anyone or anything you wish." Slavery exits, but mental conditioning and daily drug rations replace physical chains, there is no need for armed guards because these slaves are "CONTENT AND HAPPY" in their slavery. I was thinking about how similar certain concepts in the book seem to be with our current sociaty. We have a sociaty that has broken off from the real world, and now exist in the fake world of reality TV, Playstation 3, mind numbing facebook channels where they brag about moronic celebs and play farmvill (you probably don't even know how to grow anything in real life)... I don't have a problem with entertainment, but it seems that they are taking more and more attention from the REAL WORLD. We have a generation of people who can't even hammer a nail or walk a dog but they got a virtual pet... we got people who know more about texting on their "smart phone" than where their state is located on a map, or who their governer is. IMHO, this is a sociaty that's "self medicating" itself... like a drug addict, real life is hard, fake life is easy and getting easier... and when we have a massive welfare state, what reason do these people have to get their minds 'wired" back into a real world mindset? This is the main reason why I have little to NO FAITH in the future of this country... the people have sold their souls for "confortable" living via the nanny state government who strong arm the hardworking. What happens when backs of the real producers is broken and they can no longer be squeezed dry, when the nanny state machine breaks down, when the weak minded are violently shocked back into reality?

Tell me how we can TRUELY reclaim our nation to be free again if we have such largely ignorant masses?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll be the first to apologize for the overall stupidity of my generation.

It irritates me to no end when I see colleagues of mine who could tell you all about the latest MTV show, or explain every nook and cranny of some video game, or tell you which mindless bimbo celebrity is dating whichever other mindless bimbo celeb, yet can't identify the VPOTUS, or find Iraq on a map, or intelligently discuss current political and world events.

Even so called "smart" people fall victim to this. Back in high school, I mentioned to a girl I knew, who happened to be the class valedictorian, that Eric Rudolph had just been captured and it was a good thing such a scumbag was now in custody. I figured this would be a nice conversation starter for this supposedly intelligent classmate but I was wrong. She had no idea who this man was. Of course, she then started talking to her friend about some awesome new place for them to get their nails done. Mindless. :shock:

I'm admittedly a fiend for current events, geography and history, topics that are sadly quite shunned by my generation, but I do not think of Eric Rudolph as a totally obscure name, which it apparently was to this person. And even if I'm being stringent here, this problem still exists. The current generation is clueless about the world they live in. Just look on YouTube for candid camera clips of random people who are stumped when asked who Nancy Pelosi is.

The worst part of this is the way in which the mindless majority is used to the advantage of the Democratic Party. The Obama campaign deliberately recruited these usual, ignorant non-voters. They considered none of the issues and simply voted for the guy's race and a few of his catch words.

If you can provide a decent, logical argument as to why liberal principles are the best thing for America, I'll disagree with you and refute you with my own logic and facts, but I'll at least respect you. Yet so many of them cannot do that. They have no good reason for their beliefs, except what they were spoonfed by the media, and that's just shameful. They are MTV liberals.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuy2t6025k
Looks like a great movie.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
It's a great book. :righton:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EJR914 said:
CoffeeMate said:
That's the last movie version I think was made, but please please see the 1980 BBC version, better than that modern one IMHO, it's more "startreky" but of better quality, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GFLinTX said:
If you can provide a decent, logical argument as to why liberal principles are the best thing for America, I'll disagree with you and refute you with my own logic and facts, but I'll at least respect you. Yet so many of them cannot do that. They have no good reason for their beliefs, except what they were spoonfed by the media, and that's just shameful. They are MTV liberals.
IMHO every generation has this sort of thing on some level, but at lest when it came to everyday living, their minds we not off in a fantasy world as deep as it is today... because such "luxaries" did not exist. On the radio there was a report about marrages being affected by additions to texting and facebook... a REAL human relationship being affected by more DISTANT "relationships" some nothing close to real? There are reports of people complaining about how they would get home from work, and their husband or wife would physically be there in the same room with them, but their minds were gone on cyberspace, some even kept watching for txt messages while having sex!

As I said, I don't see a problem with people unwinding with entertainment etc but when it kills something as concreat as a marrage, family connections etc, there are some serious issues to address... and IMHO we might as well call all these people who are in a zombe like state, conditioned, like those characters in the brave new world... and what makes this sort of thing dangerious to sociaty is that these same zombies VOTE and I find that more scary than even an Osama Bin Laden type! May be that explains the poor quality of government schools, compared to homeschool kids and private schools.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I can say that I see this all the time being 22 yrs old. So many fellow college students just don't have a clue of anything going on the world. Finance majors who don't follow the wall street journal or the stock market. I asked a girl today who she voted for and she didn't even know elections were going on or what they were voting on. She didn't know who the governor was, and said "I don't care about that kind of stuff."

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
CR2008 said:
EJR914 said:
CoffeeMate said:
That's the last movie version I think was made, but please please see the 1980 BBC version, better than that modern one IMHO, it's more "startreky" but of better quality, you won't be sorry.

Thanks CR! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts