9mm sub compact single stack pistols coming to the market

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by tmoore912, Jan 19, 2011.

1. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/drtv-weekl ... ay-1/8188/

Most excited about the new Kahr CM9, which is a less expensive version of the renowned Kahr PM9. He doesn't really talk about the Kahr in the video, but there is a picture of it. I predict these will fly off the shelf. :D

2. TecRsq

TecRsq New Member

Patiently waiting for a single stack GLOCK in the 9mm caliber.

That little piece should make my three other GLOCK siblings very happy. :D

FWIW the Kahr looks great but the price is a killer.

3. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Any links on price, weight, or dimensions?

The mouseguns site is going to have a ton of pocket 9mm guns to add to their list.

My interests are around 17 oz loaded and similar sizing to the 380 market.

4. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

It will be the same weight and size as the renowned Kahr PM9, it will just be less expensive because they will not do as much machining on the stainless slide. Just like they did in the CW series guns compared to the P series. I would suspect the price for this gun will be around $430.00 because that is about what most of the CW series guns are going for, maybe even less. That is a good price, since the PM9 is around $650 and up.

This gun will not be as small as the 380s that are on the market.

5. futureusr

futureusr A Typical Cat

Patiently waiting on the Sig P290 here. If it is similar in size to a Kel-Tec PF-9 and is proven reliable I may have to try out the 9's again for a deep concealment piece.

6. Outlier

Outlier Active Member

I just had to get my PM9 out and compare it to the picture of the CM9. All the edges on the slide of my PM9 do look to be alot smoother. And it looks shorter too....by a 0.25" or so. :?

I agree with the fly off the shelf prediction if they work as well as the PM series. If I hadn't gotten such a killer deal on my PM9, I would probably sell it and look into a CM9 for down the road.

7. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

It's about time manufacturers caught up with the market. My Kahr P9 is the best thing I've ever carried in terms of comfort and concealability.

8. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

I wonder how long it'll take S'field to join in?

9. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

+1 on this. I would love to see Glock come out with something that can compete head to head with the single stack Kahr PM9 (and soon CM9).

10. TecRsq

TecRsq New Member

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

They have already screwed up the P290.

It's made of polymer and is the same size as a metal P238. Why does it weigh 5 ounces more than the P238?

12. Suprman

Suprman New Member

hmm wonder if they come out with a smaller 40 cal version? although my PM40 is great!

13. T. May

T. May New Member

I would much rather have a small 9mm than the .380's that are so popular now. Some of them are so small they are just hard to shoot. I am not knocking anybody's gun, some of them just don't fit my hands well. i almost bought a Kel Tec 3AT from a guy for a really good price, but went and shot it first. Glad I did, because I wound up passing on the deal. It just did not fit me well. I think a 9mm that is just a little larger might just be the ticket.

14. Suprman

Suprman New Member

totally agreed, i was set on a lcp until i shot one. i have big hands and could not grip it well. i decided on a PM9 and ended up with a PM40 because i got a awesome deal on it. with a pearce extension or the factory 6rd mag, i can shoot great groupings from it, even if it is on the snappy side. might still get a pm9 as i've become a fan of kahrs after getting this pm40

15. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Good God, that'd be awesome!

16. Neener Neener

Neener Neener New Member

I really love my LCP, but as soon as the Kimber Solo or Ruger LCp come out, one of them will probably replace the LCP. The Solo is a beautiful looking pistol, and will probably be selected over the LC9, primarily because of sights. Although the LCP is actually a little more slim and carries one more round than the Kimber, Ruger REALLY needs to work on those sights.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It would never earn enough import points to be imported. The only way would be for them to be made here.

18. madamimadam

madamimadam New Member

i cant wait

19. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

I can wait.... Kimber uses cheap plastic in their 1911's... I can't justify a Kimber's price when they put plastic in em'. I'm sure the plastic mainspring housing works just fine, but if i pay a grand for a 1911, I expect a little more. I can't imagine this thing would be any different at a MSRP of $725.

Opinions are like butt-holes: feel free to disregard mine, I'm just a tupperware hater.