9mm shield recoil ?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by xls177, May 3, 2016.

1. xls177

xls177 Member

Does anyone have a misses that shoots a 9mm shield
    How does the 9mm Shield recoil compare to a lightweight snubby?

Most women i know hate shooting a lightweight snubby Revolver
    for both trigger and recoil is the shield recoil any better?
    Do they limp wrist jam easy?

I think the DA revolver trigger is to hard to make accurate and fast follow up shots especially one handed.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My 5'2" wife daily carries and shoots a 9mm Shield, and she loves it. She is not recoil shy, however, and bought the Shield only after I convinced her that neither an AR15 nor a full size 1911 was a viable daily carry option for her.

She really hated the KelTec P3AT. She said she felt under-armed when carrying it. She does not feel like that with the Shield.

She has never complained about the recoil.

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

My wife has an LC9 but prefers the Shield as it helps manage recoil better. I would think most people that are recoil-shy would be ok with the Shield or similar guns like the Walther PPS.

4. Dirty J

Dirty J BANNED (not really)

For recoil sensitive folks looking for a small 9mm, I highly recommend the Walther PPS. The original. Haven't shot the M2 variant.

It offers 6-8 +1 capacity via different factory magazine bases and shoots like a gun significantly larger in stature.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

When I took my wife to buy a pistol, Had 6 in mind.

She tried all the one's I thought she would like, the shield was one...she could not rack the slide.

We ended up coming away with the Sig S. P938, which was not on my original list.

She loves it.

6. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Ihave one, and my wife shoots it regularly. She has a touch of arthritis, but still finds it comfortable. It is a very soft shooting pocket pistol.

7. TrojanCRC

TrojanCRC Member

My wife is 5' even and shoots and carries a Shield .40. She isn't recoil shy though. She has no problem grading my 1911 either.