9mm Headphones

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Cagleicious, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

2. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Wouldn't they get really cold and, in turn, conduct heat out of your ear canal (thereby making it feel incredibly cold and uncomfortable)?

3. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

nope for $160 bucks they better do my dishes and mow my yard. No headphones no matter how much they look like casings or weapons are worth $160.... I can get a pair that works just like those minus the "9mm shell casing" for $14... :p

4. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

$160 for those is a bit right, that's for sure. I will say that there is a HUGE difference between what most electronics stores carry for the $10-50 range and something that costs more (Monster, Eytmotics, Shure, etc).

5. gsusnake

6. gsusnake

7. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Sorry man just cant rationalize paying that much for headphones. As long as sound isn't destorted or muffled and sounds clear im golden. I didn't even pay $30 for my pc gamer headphones.

8. three se7ens

three se7ens New Member

You dont realize how bad cheap headphones(or anything really), until after you have tried it back to back with something high end.

9. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

The Bass on these is way over driven IMO & the pair i had that ribbon cable seemed to tear up really easy..

I use a pair of Shure E3's right now, but want to upgrade to a pair of dual driver ultimate ears.. http://ultimateears.com/en-us/products/4-pro I have no complaints about my E3's but i've listened to the UE's and they're amazing.

Now, that being said and you seeing the prices, I am #1 and audiophile and #2 have to hear stuff at full range quality for a lot of my work. I'm an editor and also do monitor mixing some for bands and concerts.

If you've never had a pair of sound isolating IE.. with foam inserts like ear plugs, that are over $150 you seriously don't know what you're missing out on. You will hear things you never thought were in the music.

10. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I had a pair of Etymotic ER6i's that I used mostly while on the bike--perfect combination of both (wind) noise cancellation, and being able to have music at "background" levels and still sound decent. Eventually though, the cable was frayed, which I knew would be the downfall of these earphones when they first arrived. :(

Picked up a pair of Monster Lil' Jamz to replace the ER6i's--much better sound, and the cable is much more stout as well. Had to pick up the accessory kit of ear gels to get the right fit, but I'm now very happy with them.

11. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

They probably sound great until that primer goes off in your ear! :D