Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I honestly don't concern myself with bullets etc in my target ammo.
I look for groups @ where I aimed. My carry ammo I am more concerned with point of impact.
Practice with what ever you have, but practice!
Try a few different types of carry ammo, to see what your gun likes and you feel you can count on.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Funny, I just asked a similar question before I found this thread. Georgia Arms has the 124 similarly priced to the 115, so I'm thinking it may be worth picking up.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,273 Posts
Some guns have a strong preference for one bullet weight over another.
If you're shooting for precision, tight groups, head shots at 25 yards, etc., the bullet type and weight might matter.
My Taurus Pt111 is significantly more accurate with 124 grain ammo than 115 grain.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Some guns have a strong preference for one bullet weight over another.
If you're shooting for precision, tight groups, head shots at 25 yards, etc., the bullet type and weight might matter.
My Taurus Pt111 is significantly more accurate with 124 grain ammo than 115 grain.
My thinking is more along the lines of having more consistent point of impact and recoil characteristics.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
ChipM said:
My thinking is more along the lines of having more consistent point of impact and recoil characteristics.
Similar recoil characteristics will only hold true if both your carry ammo and the target ammo use the same loads. If you carry 124gr +P, there's no sense spending more $ on 124gr FMJ's thinking that recoil will be similar (unless you search out a +P load that is)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.