Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

99% ???? So why would we allow them to resettle here??? Maybe we are resettling only from that 1% of Afghans that do not support Sharia Law?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...ration-surging-america-99-support-sharia-law/
Not just resettle, but, apparently, increase the resettlement from that country by multiples.
Between 2001 and 2013, the United States permanently resettled 1.5 million Muslim immigrants throughout the United States.

In the next five years, without changes to our autopilot visa dispensations, the U.S. will permanently resettle a Muslim population larger than the entire population of Washington D.C.

Immigration from the Middle East is on the rise. Based on 2014 data-the most recent available data from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)- the number of green cards issued to Middle Eastern countries increased by 32 percent. The number of green cards issued to Afghan migrants increased by 379 percent in the course of that single year.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
does "freedom of religion" include the right to practice a religion that denies freedom of religion to others, denies due process of law, violates every principle of limited government and separation of powers in in our constitution, and our democratic republic form of government?

I suppose it does, HERE, for persons already on U.S. soil long-term and not just passing through or coming here to attack us.

But for those aliens overseas who have no claim to the protection of the U.S. constitution and who want to come here anyway for the money and the health care and the [secular] education (only that; they'll get cultural and religious education at home or at the mosque)... we don't owe them any "freedom of religion" deference. We can freely choose to admit only those people we think would be a good fit here, and who will work to uphold (not destroy) our laws, our system of government, and our American values.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are not talking about some fringe minority. 99% of that country supports Sharia law. I am truly shocked (seriously, I mean, that country just experienced the rule of the Taliban, and yet 99% of them support Sharia Law). That means we are actively bringing voters here who support enacting Sharia Law into this country and increased such immigration by 379%. It is suicidal behavior.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Not surprised. One of the key elements of Islam is the total takeover of the language to support Islam. There Sharia and Law are synonyms. There is no knowledge of any other system of law, nor any comprehension that there is any other possibility. It's like asking "Do you want law or pure anarchy?" Given that, I would come to the same conclusions as MP, that is they are culturally unsuitable for assimilation into the US.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
A couple things with the article. The research was done by the Pew Institute (arguably a right leaning organization) and they interviewed 38,000 people (face to face) in 39 countries. They don't break down how many from each country, but for argument's sake, lets say it was an equal number. So...for Afghanistan, we are looking at about 974 people...out of 30.55 MILLION. For those that haven't been to Afghanistan, I can tell you that interviewing people outside the larger cities would be a HUGE pain in the arse. I am not saying that the research is flawed, but I do have reservations with it being a whopping 99%. Also, the article points out that, "Muslims will make up 2.1% of the U.S. population by the year 2050" So...again, do we really foresee a problem? The shooter in Orlando was an AMERICAN CITIZEN...born and raised here.

No matter what you (or I) believe, the fact of the matter is there are crazy ass people all over the world...and we have our fair share in the US (out of 330+ million folks, there are BOUND to be some and the number will only grow). Orlando wasn't the first and isn't going to be the last. People think that if you pray hard enough, have enough vigils, ban guns or give guns to everyone with absolutely zero restrictions on ownership, the fact is that this will continue...until the last human walks this earth...it WILL NOT STOP. To think otherwise is to not think at all. It is what it is.

My solution? I try to be prepared as best as I can. I carry damn near everywhere and perhaps some places I shouldn't...I don't care. I acknowledge that there are bad people outside my door and at anytime the following can happen:

-I am robbed while walking my dog
-A person smashes his way into my home trying to harm me or steal my possessions
-The police execute a warrant on my home when they meant to execute it next door
-A 'lone wolf' or 'self radicalized' assclown blows up the Kroger while I am shopping
-A 'sanctioned' terrorist blows up the Kroger while I am shopping

The list goes on and on and on and on and on. Bottom line...bad things happen and they CANNOT be stopped. Best thing I can do is be vigilant, try to be as prepared as possible and mitigate risks. Worrying about how many Afghans are being allowed into the country is very low on my list because that threat is fairly benign (in my opinion).

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Not surprised. One of the key elements of Islam is the total takeover of the language to support Islam. There Sharia and Law are synonyms. There is no knowledge of any other system of law, nor any comprehension that there is any other possibility. It's like asking "Do you want law or pure anarchy?" Given that, I would come to the same conclusions as MP, that is they are culturally unsuitable for assimilation into the US.
iirc, Ben Carson pointed that out and got the PC boot up his ass. The left will deny it until the end, which shouldn't take too long.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Ever thought of the idea that people emigrate to escape conditions in their homeland.

Why did the Puritans come to America? To escape conditions in England and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Irish come to America? To escape conditions in Ireland and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Jews from all over Europe come to America? To escape conditions in Europe and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Vietnamese come to America? To escape conditions in Vietnam and to make a new life in America.
Why do Latinos come to America? To escape conditions in Latin America and to make a new life in America.
Why do the Afghanis come to America? To escape conditions in Afghanistan and to make a new life in America.

These immigrants aren't necessarily looking to export their culture, they are possibly escaping their own cultures to find a new home.

But I am sure expressing an opinion that challenges the nationalistic jingoism so popular on this forum will be considered trolling, so I'll leave it at that.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,651 Posts
Ever thought of the idea that people emigrate to escape conditions in their homeland.
That's fine, as long as they don't bring with them the concepts that led to the conditions they are trying to escape. Kind of like Yankees moving South because the North sucks, then voting for Democrats.

These immigrants aren't necessarily looking to export their culture, they are possibly escaping their own cultures to find a new home.
Really?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/8709-muslims-again-demand-sharia-for-britain

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/it-begins-muslim-petitions-munich-to-end-anti-islamic-oktoberfest/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/britains-muslim-problem-1460504305

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
. . .
Why do the Afghanis come to America? To escape conditions in Afghanistan and to make a new life in America.

So are you contending that all of the Afghan immigrants come from the 1%, and not from the 99%?

If so, I will just state that I find this difficult to believe.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I expressed my shock and dismay in post #3, I do not think it fair to characterize my action in starting this thread as "nationalistic jingoism." I was truly surprised to see a 99% figure. As GM404 points out, there may be problems with that number, but other Islamic countries are not that high in the same link, and presumably they used the same polling methods in each country.

There are other things that disturb me as well. If, for example, the polling was done entirely in urban areas, as GM404 supposed, it seems that those figures would be the more liberal and less religiously conservative numbers, meaning that 99% is actually showing the entire country in a better light than if the sample had included rural areas (I am not saying this is what happened but only addressing what GM404 said).

If it is true that all of the Afghans coming here support liberal laws with tolerance regarding religion and support of civil liberties, then great. That is what you are contending, bdee. I just have my doubts that you are correct. A country with 99% plus supporting Sharia Law feeding an increase of 379% immigration means we are getting Sharia Law supporters. I sincerely doubt the U.S. government even bothers to ask them whether they are Sharia Law supporters, much less checks to see whether they are being lied to in response.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Afghans can't even hold election, how the hell did they figure out the 99%?

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kind of like Yankees moving South because the North sucks, then voting for Democrats.
LOL! Really? A little history lesson is in order here.

The South was Democrat until "yankees," as you put it, moved here and changed the demographics to be Republican. Then many Democrat Georgia politicians began switching parties so that they would not be thrown out of office. They did not really change their principles (e.g., Deal).

Even when I moved here (1989), our entire congressional delegation was Democrat, with the exception of one (Newt). Both Senators and all of the rest of the Representatives were Democrat.

Sonny Perdue was the first Republican Governor elected in this state since Reconstruction, and were are talking about a Governor that took office in 2003. Even during his early tenure, the Georgia House was Democrat controlled. By the way, Perdue was also a Democrat who switched parties to Republican when he saw the demographic handwriting on the wall (i.e., "yankees" moving here and voting Republican).

We are not exactly talking ancient history here.

Older southerners have almost entirely been Democrat, and felt very strongly about it.

Your knowledge of demographics and American history is entirely screwed up. If it weren't for "yankees," this state would still be solidly Democrat.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,651 Posts
LOL! Really? A little history lesson is in order here.

The South was Democrat until "yankees," as you put it, moved here and changed the demographics to be Republican. Then many Democrat Georgia politicians began switching parties so that they would not be thrown out of office. They did not really change their principles (e.g., Deal).

Even when I moved here (1989), our entire congressional delegation was Democrat, with the exception of one (Newt). Both Senators and all of the rest of the Representatives were Democrat.

Sonny Perdue was the first Republican Governor elected in this state since Reconstruction, and were are talking about a Governor that took office in 2003. Even during his early tenure, the Georgia House was Democrat controlled. By the way, Perdue was also a Democrat who switched parties to Republican when he saw the demographic handwriting on the wall (i.e., "yankees" moving here and voting Republican).

We are not exactly talking ancient history here.

Older southerners have almost entirely been Democrat, and felt very strongly about it.

Your knowledge of demographics and American history is entirely screwed up. If it weren't for "yankees," this state would still be solidly Democrat.
You're right. At this exact moment in history, our personal liberties could really use a good dose of northerners moving here and voting for uber-liberal democrats. That would do wonders for our freedoms. :roll:

I understand our history very well. I understand that the two major parties have basically inverted themselves with regards to freedom and liberty over the last fifty years. I was not speaking of our history. I was speaking of current events.

·
Proud American
142 Posts

Why did the Puritans come to America? To escape conditions in England and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Irish come to America? To escape conditions in Ireland and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Jews from all over Europe come to America? To escape conditions in Europe and to make a new life in America.
Why did the Vietnamese come to America? To escape conditions in Vietnam and to make a new life in America.
Why do Latinos come to America? To escape conditions in Latin America and to make a new life in America.

But I am sure expressing an opinion that challenges the nationalistic jingoism so popular on this forum will be considered trolling, so I'll leave it at that.
We can add 100 more groups to those, almost all have tried to assimilate and become united as Americans.

Unfortunately we have 2 groups that want their culture unchanged and us to change:

1 group for the most part refuse to assimilate and have demanded we learn Spanish, demands we answer our phones with press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and demand we print all government papers in Spanish, this throws spit in the face of 100's of millions who came to this Country before them and learned English among other things. The sneak across the border and drop a baby and US Citizens are expected to take care of it for the next 18 years.

Then we have another group who is doing their best to bring their culture here, demanding workplaces give them time off during working hours to pray multiple times, suing people and municipalities based on Sharia Law not being able to be used in their disputes, some are killing their children and wives because one of them did something wrong based on Sharia Law and their defense is it is not wrong to do so in their culture, just a few examples of what is happening with Muslims.

People need to wake up before the USA becomes diluted and over-run by people who do not care to be Americans but want America to change to suite them, sorry but that is idiotic.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
We can add 100 more groups to those, almost all have tried to assimilate and become united as Americans.

Unfortunately we have 2 groups that want their culture unchanged and us to change:

1 group for the most part refuse to assimilate and have demanded we learn Spanish, demands we answer our phones with press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and demand we print all government papers in Spanish, this throws spit in the face of 100's of millions who came to this Country before them and learned English among other things. The sneak across the border and drop a baby and US Citizens are expected to take care of it for the next 18 years.

Then we have another group who is doing their best to bring their culture here, demanding workplaces give them time off during working hours to pray multiple times, suing people and municipalities based on Sharia Law not being able to be used in their disputes, some are killing their children and wives because one of them did something wrong based on Sharia Law and their defense is it is not wrong to do so in their culture, just a few examples of what is happening with Muslims.

People need to wake up before the USA becomes diluted and over-run by people who do not care to be Americans but want America to change to suite them, sorry but that is idiotic.

I am sure if you look at the Puritans and other religious communities in colonial America, they did not come to assimilate into local American culture. In fact, the vast majority refused to learn the local language and tried to impose their religion on the locals. That is the basis and starting point for American culture and immigration.

·
Proud American
142 Posts
I am sure if you look at the Puritans and other religious communities in colonial America, they did not come to assimilate into local American culture. In fact, the vast majority refused to learn the local language and tried to impose their religion on the locals. That is the basis and starting point for American culture and immigration.
I do know history fairly well, what we should be concerned with is recent history (say the last 20-30 years) and what is happening now, we can change now, we cannot change what happened 500 years ago :banghead:

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YI understand our history very well. I understand that the two major parties have basically inverted themselves with regards to freedom and liberty over the last fifty years.
Given this quote I would state that you do not understand history very well at all.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha, ha, ha! Good one!

Of course, the lesson is that we should kill them all, just as the Indians should have killed all of the Puritans when they had the chance. I am not sure that is the argument you meant to make, but, well, there it is. You did it.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
I was making the point that it is hypocritical to expect more from modern immigrants than many of their predecessors. But, I have never made the argument that Native Americans should have killed European immigrants.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts