Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
possibly the first and last, I will have to check and see if any of that middle one still applies since most of those above 16-11-173 have been repealed.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Just add'em all. We've got caselaw that isn't good law anymore, why not AG opinions?

·
68,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because it is confusing - and we did eliminate some case law based on nothing more than the fact that it is not good anymore.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What is the difference between an 'unofficial oppinion' and an 'official oppinion'? As I remember the unofficial is mere guidance to the questioner.

Does the official carry more weight? If so, post them if they have not been superceeded by changes to the law.

·
68,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wiley said:
What is the difference between an 'unofficial oppinion' and an 'official oppinion'? As I remember the unofficial is mere guidance to the questioner.

Does the official carry more weight? If so, post them if they have not been superceeded by changes to the law.
Official - to state officials

Unofficial - to local officials

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Wiley said:

Official - to state officials (they have to follow the advice)

Unofficial - to local officials (they can ignore it and do what they want)
expanded upon it

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts