922 question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by fran, Oct 29, 2010.

1. fran

fran New Member

Narrowed down my choices for an AK to three models and keep reading about 922 number of American parts. If we don't have an AWB anymore does it really serve a purpose to have this federal regulation anymore? Did it ever serve any purpose?

2. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The American made parts rule is different than the old federal AWB. They are two different things.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Does a law have to make sense?

It serves the purpose of the anti-gunners. One more charge to charge someone (unually only used on otherwise law-abiding citizens) with. One more gun-control law. More guns "off the street."

4. fran

fran New Member

I was wondering if the "need" for that the was applicable anymore. I do think the above post probably summed it up about just making things difficult for owners.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The Gun Control Act of 1968 needs to be amended to get rid of the requirement that guns be "sporting" to be imported.
    Self-defense and military weapons should be allowed, whether capable of being used for sporting purposes or not.
    Whether they are "sporterized" or could be modified that way, it should not matter.

The only restriction should be on those imported weapons that would be regulated under the National Firearms Act-- machineguns, short-barreled rifles, etc.

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Why should these weapons not be allowed to be imported for those that want to jump through the NFA hoops? :sly:

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

"sawn off"/short barreled shotguns are regulated because they "have little or no application to military purposes" and firearms that are eminently applicable for military purposes (Garands, M1 carbines, AKM's) are being stopped fro import because the "aren't sporting". I thought the Second Amendment was about a free and armed People, not about "sports and hunting."

8. 175FO

175FO Member

That's what the government says, but short barrel shotguns are actually very useful for military purposes. Our door breaching shotguns were remington 870's with about an 8'' barrel. Perfect for shooting locks out and quickly transitioning to an M-4.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I think he is almost sarcastically paraphrasing Miller.

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

The GCA and NFA... two things which somehow magically comply with "...shall not be infringed..." :screwy:

11. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Is one of them a Century Arms GP 1975? I think you'll be GTG concerning 922 with it. That's the one I plan to get one day.