86 to 88% of Guns Should Not be Sold!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/2007/03/gui ... nt-of.html

2. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

He's definitely not on my voting list for '08

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Rudy sucks, but so does John McCain, Hilliary Clinton, Barrack Obama, and John Edwards.

4. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Mitt also stinks on guns.

I've heard good things about Richardson though.

5. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Still looking for who the libertarian candidate maybe.......

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

7. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

I tend to agree. 86% of the guns shouldn't sold.

1. The gov't should give you a free .22 rifle when you turn 12.
    2. The gov't should give you a free .45 1911 and AR15 when you turn 21.

Oh and let's not forget about the free ammo so we can train. :D

Now wouldn't that make us a more polite society?

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I have always thought that the majority of "illegal" guns were obtained through theft? If that's the case they would first go through a legal owner.

If the illegal market was that easy to quantify, where is his source? I'm sure that if he made such a broad statement he would have more to back it up than mere innuendo and opinion.

9. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

why would he let facts get in the way ,it's not like anyone in the press is going to call him on it :roll:

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Awareness

I'm sure that manufacturers of certain guns, particularly inexpensive handguns, know that a certain small percentage of their products are purchased illegally, by straw buyers or by "prohibited persons" who just don't happen to get caught at the store. They also know that many of the guns sold legally to qualified purchasers are stolen from them, thus putting the gun into the black market for criminals to bid on.

The issue is, SO WHAT ? What is the manufacturer supposed to do about this? Require potential gun buyers to show ID? Make people fill out an application to buy a gun? HELLO !?!?!?! Federal Law Already !!!!

If 10% of the guns sold "shouldn't be sold," how do those gun-grabbing media whores from New York propose to identify the bad sales without infringing on people's rights with regard to the other 90% ?

Car manufacturers know that a certain percentage of people who buy sports cars fully intend to speed. Many of these people have bad driving histories and suspended licenses already. Is anyone asking car dealerships to NOT sell cars to people who have the money to buy one and what appears to be a valid license? Should Ford come up with a private driving license, which you'd have to take a written test, a road test, and an MVR driving history check, to get? In order to buy a Ford Mustang, you have to get a Ford license? Is that where we're headed?

How about drinking and driving? Maybe bar and liquor store owners shouldn't be able to get away with just obeying the thousands of pages of laws regulating their businesses. Let's also require them to come up with a system of predicting who is going to try to drive themselves home while intoxicated, and sue them for millions of dollars if the ever get it wrong and serve booze to a guy who ends up getting behind the wheel later.

Hey, a certain percentage of GASOLINE sold in this country is sold to arsonists. Maybe we should hold Exxon and Mobil and BP liable anytime somebody's trailer burns down during a messy divorce situation.

11. Foul

Foul New Member

Woo-Hoo!! zxd9 for President! :lol:

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

The guy is an idiot!

Why do we even care what he says? It's not like he's gonna get elected.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't know. It's hard to tell why people vote for who sometimes.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Did Rudy seem like an opportunist during 9-11? It seems like he was standing in front of a camera every chance he got. Maybe it was just me...

I read where some of the NY firefighters unions were pissed at him because he was more concerned about recovering money from vaults in the WTC then recovering the bodies of the lost.