Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/po ... 25801.html
CLEVELAND â€" Police have confiscated 80 firearms of various calibers and 874 boxes of ammunition found at a homeless shelter in Cleveland. City Councilman Joe Cimperman tells WKYC-TV that the weapons included AK-47s and other high-powered firearms. He says it was a "miracle" no one was hurt.
:cantsay:

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
do the homeless not have a right to self defense? maybe someone lost their home and had to move into there. maybe they had a few handguns and an EBR why should they not be able to keep them there

·
Registered
707 Posts
rmodel65 said:
do the homeless not have a right to self defense? maybe someone lost their home and had to move into there. maybe they had a few handguns and an EBR why should they not be able to keep them there
Because of the HUGE number of transients with real mental issues annd criminal records coming and going from that place. Mental unstableness is why so many of 'em are homeless in the first place. There is no place to securly store anyone's arsenal at any homeless shelter.

Everybody has a right to selfdefense, especially the homeless, but those guns don't need to be there.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Very curious. The article says the shelter provides overnight lodging for 12k men per year. So 1k per month or about 33 per night? That sure is a lot of guns & ammo for that amount of people.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Perhaps that falls under "other social services" :wink:

·
Registered
707 Posts
HydroAuto said:
Perhaps that falls under "other social services" :wink:
I kinda thought too.........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, first we'll pass on the likelihood of them being AK-47s and that those aren't high-powered anyway.

Now we are trying to say who needs weapons? I have a problem with anyone else determining what I need, especially in the case of weapons. Why are so many quick to defend their rights, yet quick to decide what someone else should have or need?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
More likely an employee using the operation as a front for gun trafficking in the 'hood rather than a resident squireling away so many weapons without anyone's knowledge or discovery before now.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Correction: Homeless Shelter-Guns

The Associated Press
CLEVELAND â€"

In a story Feb. 2 about the discovery of a weapons cache in Cleveland, The Associated Press reported erroneously where it was found. Police say it was at an apartment, not at a homeless shelter across the street.

Source: SeattleTimes.Com

Homeless shelter... apartment across the street. Yeah, I can totally see getting the two confused. :sly:

·
Registered
707 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
goldshellback said:
Because of the HUGE number of transients with real mental issues annd criminal records coming and going from that place.
Sounds to me like a good argument for being armed while there.
Absolutly agree.

Fallschirmjäger said:
Homeless shelter... apartment across the street. Yeah, I can totally see getting the two confused. :sly:
The media....gasp.....WRONG?!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts