7.62 x 54R

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Sharky, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

is it me or did this stuff get waaay expensive all of a sudden?

I just ordered 400 rounds...man I almost just went ahead and bought 1200 rounds, but didnt want to drop $200 today.

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

It's not you...

All ammo has gotten ridiculous. Glad I stocked up on it before it got crazy. I think we'll eventually see good prices for surplus ammo again, but who knows when that will be. :(

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, probably for the same reasons as other ammo (price of metal, etc.), and because of the outbidding for Iraqi soldiers' ammo (at least that's what I've read a few places; can't remember off the top of my head where, though).

4. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I was strongly considering selling off my Mosins, AK, and SKS to put the money into something high end like a Springfield Scout Squad. I have two cans of ammo for the Mosins and several thousand rounds of 7.62x39. The jump in ammo costs has convinced me to keep what I have for now.

5. modestglock26

modestglock26 New Member

I am doing the same thing as mentioned above. I was thinking of parting with my AK and possibly my Mosin...both of which I have tons of ammo for.

The last time I went down to B&B Outdoors they had multiple cans of 54r and 7.62x39 so I got them all.

I have no issues with it sitting in my safe for now. The cost of ammo made me change my mind with what all I already have.

6. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

yeah, I am never gonna get rid of that monster mosin! I will just stock up and save the ammo. Glad I had fun with my mosin when I got it. From now on I may be collecting ammo for it until the price goes back down..........if ever!