Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Senoia, GA

Project car. 66 GTO

I pulled the engine and transmission. Rear end with 3.55 posi still in car.

I removed the windshield, and there is the rust under the windshield that one expects from a mid 60s GM.

Dashboard is out. I pulled it to send off the gauges and dash for professional restoration. I never sent them out, but I have all the parts, and they go with the car.

Small holes in floorpan. I have new floorpans that go with the car.

$8000

Other items:

Also have 455 block, already went .030 over, needs to go further. $300

BRC custom forged pistons, -18cc dish, 4.191 bore, piston skirt size 4.187, compression distance 1.490, .260 valve relief, weighs 517 grams, can accommodate press of floating pin .980 x 2.75
Total seal rings for these pistons
Cost of pistons and rings new was $608.95, will sell for $475

have wrist pins, hard blok, bearings, Muncie M-21 4 speed, bell housing, and many other items if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Man, my favorite year! Wish I didn't have so many irons in the fire. ice Beetle, too!
Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
7,905 Posts
That's my first car bought new for around $3,500. Paid for with two summers of mowing yards around the neighborhood.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
At $5 per yard, that's almost 4 yards per day, every day for both summers! My muscles are sore just from working this out. :lol:

That's my first car bought new for around $3,500. Paid for with two summers of mowing yards around the neighborhood.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, did you see I got a fescue lawn going this year, second to last picture, upper left corner, look over the red Beetle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts