60 days out, time to update provisions

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Sep 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

We've seen what a few folks can do to cause long lasting trouble and destruction on specific targets.

This has been 'riot light' compared to what is coming given the mail-in voting confusion and the millions who will be taking to the streets country wide.

Both right and left know how to cause much longer lasting trouble to business and supply chains and they will be much more committed to their cause than the current amateur and spur of the moment rioters. Local authorities and police will take one side or the other.

It is time to beat the rush to replenish cash, canned and paper goods, medicine, etc. Too late for ammo.

TimBob likes this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yeah, late for ammo. Went by CTD earlier. One box, 50 rounds, WWB, 9mm, $59.

Nemo

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

As ready as I can be. Stocked up all the way around. Was short on firing pins for the black rifles but that has been taken care of. A lot of folks don't think about those. Could use another good shooter or two, but it's to early for most people to see the value of an alliance. That will change soon enough. There's an adjustment coming. How big and how long is the question. This 2nd Amendment is a wonderful thing to have at this point in history. Of course those of you who feel the 2nd is for recreational purposes only can always just take a knee. For those who choose that path I would give wide berth to those who do not. On the other side of the coin Trump is re-elected straight up and invokes the Insurrection Act and this mess is put to bed. That would be wonderful. A great Holiday to all.

MRD and TimBob like this.
  4. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

We have recently relocated from our condo in Atlanta to a house in Woodstock. In Atlanta we did not have room for a chest freezer. I may want to take advantage of some of the current sales and put one in the basement. Any recommendations?

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

You know, even without a 2nd Amendment we all have a right to life. And therefore the means to protect that life. Some weapons just happen to be more efficient at it than others.

OWM and TimBob like this.
  6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Underwood Ammo still has some good stock. Also bought some from Fort Scott Ammunitions recently.

7. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

The 2nd Amendment does not give us the right to bear arms; it simply acknowledges the fact that we have that right. And, it is there to protect that right!

If you cross reference the Constitution and Bill of Rights with the Declaration of Independence you will find that ALL of our rights come from our Creator.

Back on topic: yes indeed, time to top off your preps... And keep your powder dry.

8. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I have a good amount of ammo, except 12 ga., but I don't have it or my magazines organized. I pulled out all the magazines for my rifles, (5.56, 9mm, and 7.62x23) and put them in ammo boxes and piles on the den floor to take inventory and load the empty ones. The next evening my wife told me that she needed something out of the den but couldn't get in there because the floor was totally covered up. LOL

9. Nemo

Yeah, I got a bunch to load up myself. Found some load strips to load up to speed mag reloading if necessary. Bet you didn't know you could find strip clips for that old single shot 20ga, did you?

Didn't someone once say something about if you have to reload mags you didn't have enough loaded to start with. OR something similar.

Nemo

10. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

I have a 22 cu.ft freezer from Whirlpool, manual defrost, that was $800ish.

That will hold meat (bone-in) from 5 caribou. It’s big.

I don’t know the exact model number but Lowes carries them.

(If you’re looking to purchase bulk meat, I recommend Riverview Farms in N. Georgia. They have a meat CSA. They have 70-90lb lots of pork for ~$300 (depending on the exact cuts). They have a produce CSA as well, and they deliver to pickup points in Metro Atlanta. Good folks.

DH

11. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Freezers work well when they got power so add a generator and lots of fuel to the list. Concentrate on stuff that don't need power to last.

12. Nemo

C-rats last 100 years minimum.

Nemo

13. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

No hell no.

NTA and Harhib like this.
  14. moe mensale

Generators tend to attract a lot of - unwanted - attention. And there's no guarantee on a fuel resupply.

15. moe mensale

Words of wisdom! :righton: I'd rather eat anything else in sealed containers. And freeze dried foods.

16. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

4 water options, rice, and beans. Tree rats, doves, and rabbits are basically free and I don’t have to store them prior to use.

17. Nemo

C-rats may be bad but they are better than grass and bark.

Nemo

18. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

If it comes to it and after My family has exhausted our stock of supplies I will a couple or so years from now let you know how the grass and bark thing is working out.:mrgreen:

19. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

Wow!

20. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I have not been keeping up with prices since I don't need any but I just went out on the net and looked at the prices and that is a site to behold. Never thought I'd see that.