6 Year Old Crashes Car on Chicken Nugget Quest

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

At first, I was worried this article was about my son!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/st ... _1011.html

A 6-year-old boy who tried to drive his grandmother's car to Applebee's said he won't do it again.

Josh Barber said he was hungry for some chicken nuggets when he woke up early Tuesday while his grandmother was still sleeping. His mother was recovering from surgery at the time and his father was still at work.

After taking the car keys, he unlocked the car, moved his child seat to the driver's seat so he could see better and tried to drive off. But, unable to take the car out of reverse, he backed up 75 feet from her house into a transformer, knocking out electricity and phone service to dozens of townhouses in this suburb north of Denver.

"I hit the gas," Josh told Denver's KCNC-TV. "I crashed into these things and then what happened is I didn't know what to do."

His grandmother, Claudia Price, said he ran into the house to tell her what had happened.

"He just yelled 'Grandma, Grandma, I was driving your car and I hit something,'" she said.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Oh man. I've got three boys and I can picture every one of them in a similar situation. :lol:

Only with boys. 8)

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

LOL man glad nobody hurt! I used to try and drive my dads car when I was that age. I flooded out his carb and of course when he tried to start it a few moments later, it took forever and he would just turn around and look at me. Guess he was watching from the house window......

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: At least he was honest. I applaud him for that.

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I heard about the 3 year old this morning. Scary...but funny as heck. :lol:

Makes me wonder how so many boys make to 18.

7. merlock

merlock Active Member

+1

And, even if the kid was honest, I personally think that he needs his little butt wore out, in a good lesson on actions have consequences.

Going a bit on a tangent here...I was 7-8 years old. Mom went to the local drug store to get something. Left me in the car (VW Squareback), parked against the curb in the front of the store. Well, I climbed in the drivers seat and was playing with the clutch and shifter. Mom had left the keys in the car. Hmmm...let's start this bad-boy up. Cranked the engine (clutch out)...car jumped the curb, and came within inches of taking the store plate glass out. :shock: Mom ran out, and wore me out right there. Needless to say, I didn't get in the drivers seat again until I was 14.