Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
#7. You won't stop reading about the presidential election that you, as a single person in a country of over 300 million, cannot influence.

Well...OK, I guess that is actually addressed by #3 so how about...

#7. You spend way too much time on the interwebs reading about things that just make you angry and disappointed.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#7. You won't stop reading about the presidential election that you, as a single person in a country of over 300 million, cannot influence.
That is already covered in the six listed.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
From a manly men's magazine! :righton:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Best part of this article:
One thing I'm personally doing to lower stress is to reduce my news consumption and be less concerned with events around the world that are irrelevant to my personal life.
This x1000. We went out into the woods for a long weekend and I purposely picked an area that had no internet connectivity. We left all of the electronic goodies at home and the single cell phone we took with us stayed in the car. When we returned to civilization after a few days of being completely and oh-so-wonderfully disconnected from the outside world, we noticed something....we didn't miss a damn thing.

So, I continue to pretty much ignore the news. There is very little I can change and the personal impacts are fairly minimal. *If* something significant DOES happen, I am sure I will hear about it soon enough and I won't have to hear it from the mouth breathers on the "news" networks.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As noted in my edit. That was probably being done as you were posting your reply. :lol:
Cool. I just thought people here would enjoy that article. I did. :)

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
While the advice seems good, I kinda say bullcrap.

It is all about your outlook. If you look for things to gripe about, you will always be a griping, angry, old person. If you find things to be happy about and refuse to let misery make you its company, everything is fine.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
8. You live in a state and country that doesn't give a s— about people's inalienable rights.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Holy :sheep: MP!

Never heard of that site before but there goes the rest of my day. That place may be my new favorite place to hang out. They go right up to the line of blatant harsh truth and then take a jet engine jump right on across that line and keep going. I love it! Thank you for posting the link just because I found the rest of the site!!!!

ok I recant.
As I said I spent a bit of time browsing the site. The place is simply too full of insane trash to justify existence.

Reader beware of looking around too far on that one!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
The one and only reason:

"Happiness IS a Belt-Fed Weapon."

... and I don't have one.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.