Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I am not big on raffles. Now if GCO had one....

I know we can't yet. :evil:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FireHouse said:
ber950 said:

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why not?
Funds probably. There was a NRA raffle on here a little while back. I'm not sure how many shops or manufacturers would be willing to donate to a developing organization such as GCO. That's not a bad thing...we have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
FireHouse said:
ber950 said:

Funds probably. There was a NRA raffle on here a little while back. I'm not sure how many shops or manufacturers would be willing to donate to a developing organization such as GCO. That's not a bad thing...we have to start somewhere.
Actually it has to do with Georgia's laws concerning fundraising raffles for non-profit groups. We won't be able to do raffles for a bit over a year still.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
FireHouse said:
There's a waiting period for fundraising raffles for nonprofits? I'm trying to think of a logical reason for that ...
This is the same state that has the "Public Gathering" law and you're looking for logic in the statutes?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
USMC - Retired said:
ptsmith24 said:
FireHouse said:
ber950 said:

Actually it has to do with Georgia's laws concerning fundraising raffles for non-profit groups. We won't be able to do raffles for a bit over a year still.
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
FireHouse said:
:)

Good point.

But even the PG law has a history that's explainable, if not logical. I learned that yesterday, reading around the GCO site articles. Informative stuff.
There is one coming out soon that will blow away the others in terms of content. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
FireHouse said:
:)

Good point.

But even the PG law has a history that's explainable, if not logical. I learned that yesterday, reading around the GCO site articles. Informative stuff.
Yeah, it is explained by the fact that having a public gathering law made it easier to control the black population in Georgia.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The only thing I remember from the last raffle was the only person who actually won anything was the guy selling the tickets.

Probably just a coincidence...

:wink:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Macktee said:
The only thing I remember from the last raffle was the only person who actually won anything was the guy selling the tickets.

Probably just a coincidence...

:wink:
Hey old man if your trying to say something just say it! Less'n yer skeered.... :boxing:

Trust me, if I coulda fixed that raffle the LAST thing I woulda won would be another shotgun. Got plenty already. Plus if I could fix the cash 3 I woulda just put a boatload of money in that. Sadly the reason I won was I spent way more than I should have on tickets so the odds were a bit more in my favor than the average guy that buys one, two or ten. The big problem with that is I spent more on tickets than the value of the gun I won! :banghead:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.