Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on another forum that Clydes has put together some DD lowers with DD LPK's with some Colt A1 uppers for $499. Has anyone else heard this? Has anyone gotten their hands on one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Adam5 said:
I heard on another forum that Clydes has put together some DD lowers with DD LPK's with some Colt A1 uppers for $499. Has anyone else heard this? Has anyone gotten their hands on one?
Not heard about it until now, but if it is true, I may have to beg for my birthday/Christmas gift early (or at least get it on layaway until then).

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,483 Posts
Has anyone contacted them about this? Is this for real? I looked on their web site and didn't find anything, but I didn't search every item.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a PM from someone who spoke with their sales manager.

They are complete rifles. There are assembled with military surplus Colt 20"A1 uppers on DD lowers with DD LPKs and fixed stocks.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quest50 said:
Not exactly helpful there fella. Anyone know if that is a good price for what you are getting or just average? Worth it to someone without any previous AR ownership or pass it up and get something else?

Any real, worthwhile info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
burtgummer said:
I have never been to Clyde's but a buddy of mine goes there pretty often. It's definitively his favorite shop. He told me they supply the most colt AR's in the US so they probably have the best pricing. The person who talked to the original poster may be referring to the colt 22LR.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=16_236&osCsid=krv2lu1n4td197s8hp8bfrqke2
If thats the case I'll be passing this up. I've been in the market foir a AR for a while now, not that i don't have enough toys as it is. But I think I'll keep looking. Good find though Adam5!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,253 Posts
Well "I" think it's a good deal, and a good rifle.
But I'm not into the M4 carbine craze. I have a soft spot in my heart for the "retro" looking AR's that look like the kind our U.S. military used in the 1960s and 1970s, and the kind SWAT teams used in the 1970s and 1980s. Those are normally the M16A1 rifles with triangular handguards, fixed carry handle, and full-length 20" barrels that were on the skinny side, with a 1:12 or 1:13 twist rate (something like that-- works fine for 45-55 grain bullets, but not heavier slugs).

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
burtgummer said:
I have never been to Clyde's but a buddy of mine goes there pretty often. It's definitively his favorite shop. He told me they supply the most colt AR's in the US so they probably have the best pricing. The person who talked to the original poster may be referring to the colt 22LR.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=16_236&osCsid=krv2lu1n4td197s8hp8bfrqke2
One of the guys on Arfcom is going there this afternoon to investigate. According to their sales manager, they are not .22lr rifles.

They sound like the Century C15 that I used to have. Century imported a stash of surplus Colt M16A1s. They refurbed the uppers and had Olympic make them new semi lowers with Century logos. They sold new for $599 a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Quest50 said:
Yeah... obviously something is good quality just because it's more expensive. :roll:

There are plenty of reliable firearms that aren't very expensive. You don't have to spend $600-1000 for a reliable handgun, and you certainly don't have to spend $1k+ for a reliable AR.

My AR was built for less than $600 and after the first 50 rounds of breaking in it has not had any issues regardless of what kind of random ammo I threw at it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From an Arfcom post:

Just left Clyde's. They have 4 of them. $499 new Daniel Defense lower with DD parts kit. Uppers are used Colt SP01,Fixed butt stock, triangular handguards, used bolt carrier group, 20 round colt magazine. Some uppers have finish wear, some look better than others.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts