5/15 Start another Fulton County timer!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by budder, May 15, 2007.

1. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I just got back into town last night around 3 (note to everyone else: realizing that your tank is empty in the middle of downtown is a bad feeling. Pay the extra money for gas near the airport.) As a proper GPDOer, the first thing I did today was submit my application.

I'm hoping for a fast turnaround, but the past threads on Fulton haven't been too positive. everyone cross your fingers.

It's about time for me to join GCO, too, so I suppose I better do that now. I'll keep you guys updated.

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

lol, have fun with that, I am nearing 80 days in Fulton and nothing...

3. tace

tace New Member

Long time lurker, here. Applied for my GFL in Fulton just after x-mas. I waited about 1.5 hours for finger printing cause it was the old lady's last day at work. GFL was issued on 2/2 .

I dunno if it makes any difference but FBI (and probably a few other agencies) already has my fingerprints.

:)

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why do we get such drastically different reports out of that county? There has to be a rational explanation.

5. budder

tace, just a month? In case the county is listening, I don't think I'd complain about such a fast turnaround ;)

Now comes the difficult part: finding a range/ranges near me and shooting until I find something I can 1) carry (my CZ 75 is a bit on the big side and my P22 is a bit on the small side) and 2) afford (I wish I had the $1k for the Springfield EMP :()

Any range recommendations? Places that rent to single shooters would be nice, though I suppose I could always bring my brother. He needs to learn how to shoot anyway.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Bulls Eye in the Cumming area (off of exit 13 on GA400)

If you want to try out a Glock 19 I'll be back home on the weekend of the 26th and you are welcome to shoot it all you want.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1 on Bullseye

It's too soon to tell what I'm doing that weekend, but if I'm available, I can bring my Glock 17, XD-9, and Walther PPK/S.

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

GCO ++++ Give us a go, if you do not like it is only $15 for 1 year!!! This is less than many other so called good org's, go on try it, I dare you, Bet you can't, I double dog dare you if you are from our good GA you can not turn that down.

I may not have been born in the South but I got here as soon as I could!!!!

9. Dan H

Dan H New Member

+1

Its an organization that actually gets things done.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The Annexes. There are 3 places to go in fulton, the main court or one of 2 satillite offices. I bet it is one of them is the cause for the differences.

11. budder

Ramm, I don't have anything scheduled for that weekend yet, so I'd be more than happy to have a little GPDO meet with whoever is available. Something like 1PM Saturday?

Adam5, I hope you're available, because I've never shot a PPK before and I'm really interested to see how the PPS fares when it comes out.

Anyone else that wants to come, please let me know ahead of time so I know what kind of ammo to buy. I'll be bringing my CZ 75B SA and my Walther P22.

S&W, I submitted my GCO application before your post ;)

For those of you looking for more Fulton County info, I went to the downtown office on Pryor St. to fill out my paperwork. Is that where you went, tace?

12. tace

tace New Member

Yes, I filled mine out at the Pryor street. Got the fingerprints done on the machine across the street in the Police department.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What seems to work best for our little shooting group is 1pm on Sunday. Would you be able to do that?

14. budder

Sounds good to me.

15. budder

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

39 days in Fulton?!

WTF did they make me wait 5.5 months for?!

17. budder

I hate to break it to you, but you're just not as handsome as me ;)

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Must be those stickers on your hard drive. 8)

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

But I put on my prettiest dress when I applied! :D

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That's probably what did me in.