4th of July Fireworks = Public Gathering?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Doc Holliday, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

So would the local town's fireworks display on the 4th be considered a PG?

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

IMO, no - IMO of how the laws are written, yes.

3. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

depends on where you are watching them. Albany is having a display downtown, bags and coolers will be checked for the party area, so yes PG. but if I'm walking around on the street, or sitting in a parking lot in my truck bed, no.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely it is a PG. The SEMINAL case on public gatherings is 4th of July!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

also if you read Armed America, Christmas was apparently a popular time for groups of armed individuals to roam house to house with firearms, and discharge them into the air. The owner would then come outside and respond with his firearm, invite the crowd in, talk for a while and then join them on the way to the next house. Really good book by the way, just finished it last night, highly recommend it.

7. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Not at my privately sanctioned event. GFL'ers are only allowed not the general public. And if the cops want to question that GFLer's gathered for a specific purpose constitutes a public gathering, then I will happily point out the exemptions in subsection (c) of 16-11-127, in particular competitors participating in organized sport shooting events, it just so happens that in this particular event, the objective is to see who can shoot off the most fireworks not bullets.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I know that but they were eating BBQ not shooting fireworks, right? :D

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I was enjoying a cold beer, holding my AR15 and had my M&P openly holstered while watching the fireworks in downtown Cumming Tuesday night. :twisted:

My wife and I could see about 80% of them from our back porch. 8)

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

So let's just make sure that the event is segregated.

According to Wynne, it was "negroes and some whites" gathering. If there's only negroes (God I hate that word) or only whites, that wouldn't stick, right?

JIM CROW LAWS FTW!

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

lol

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

While what I said was, in fact, humorous (from the way I put it) unfortunately, that is state law as it stands right now.

This state will never be truly free until all vestiges of Jim Crow are gone.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Good luck, cause that probably is not gonna happen any time soon.