4inch revolver holster?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by jmathis84, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I will be getting a 4inch 686 here soon(someon talks to much :lol: ) and was wondering what is a good holster to use for it. I want to use standard strong side for it b/c that is how i have always carried. I want a leather holster OWb only would not even think of IWB with it :lol: . What does everyone think would work the best to comfortably carry this gun all day?

2. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I carry my 686 in a Tagua holster. I have a thumbstrap model and it takes a little working, but it carries fine for me. Theres a guy in Social Circle selling them on ebay cheaper than you might anywhere else retail.

3. moga

moga New Member

When I find a S&W 586 to follow me home, I'm going to carry it in a FIST #12.

4. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

KRMbigmac how well does the snaps hold the weight? I like the fit and finish of it but would probaly go with the belt loops personally.I have been meaning to get zookeeper to make me a holster and the looks like the right time to do it.

5. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

The snaps hold the weight very good. If it were not for the little extra I have around the mid section, I would barely notice that I was wearing the holster. I like the loops because they are soooo much easier. If you have to go to somewhere off limits, it is not necessary to take your belt off. Very tight to the body.

Depending on his backlog, now would be the time to get him to make you one. I happen to know for a fact that a 686 is either in his possession or will be there soon. :mrgreen: :sly: He will need one to do the wet molding.

6. TDM

TDM New Member

Why not? I've carried a 4" M66 in a Bianchi Pistol Pocket (IWB, Model 3S I believe) for over 20 years. Very comfortable and secure for me. I know it's there, but it's a hefty chunk of steel inside or outside my belt.

7. I have "2" Bianchi 3S Pistol Pockets, for a 586/686 I will let go cheap, Back when I had my 686 I used the 3S daily, for me i had no problem with it, it was a great IWB Holster If interested LMK