Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 450-ish Hornady Soft Point .224" bullets (223 Remington) I don't have any use for. First $20 and "I'll take it" gets it. I'll take PayPal but add 3%. We can meet or I'll ship them but buyer will pay shipping. I'm located in Rockdale County. email @ [email protected]

THESE ARE FOR BULLETS ONLY THIS IS NOT LOADED AMMUNITION.

Will also consider trades for 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 223 Rem or 30-06 brass.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Re: 450-ish Hornady Soft Point .224" bullets FS

I wasn't aware the made a .224 until just right now. Amazing what you can learn.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

EJR914 said:
I wasn't aware the made a .224 until just right now. Amazing what you can learn.
.223 Remington bullets are actually .224" in diameter. They're for .223 Remington.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

MesaCranker said:
EJR914 said:
.223 Remington bullets are actually .224" in diameter. They're for .223 Remington.
Just learned even more. Ok, so if a Remington bullet is actually .224 in diameter how does it not blow up when it flies down a .223 barrel? I'm really confused now. :D

Also, I met one of your fellow officers in your department out at Charlie Elliott the other day. One also worked in your call center I believe, he was trying to become a LEO. He and the fellows he was with were good people, as well. Ya'll run a good outfit up there in Rockdale, keep up the good work.

Didn't know your name, but I told them you seemed like an all around stand-up guy on the forums. :righton:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

Email sent.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

EJR914 said:
MesaCranker said:
EJR914 said:
Just learned even more. Ok, so if a Remington bullet is actually .224 in diameter how does it not blow up when it flies down a .223 barrel? I'm really confused now. :D

Also, I met one of your fellow officers in your department out at Charlie Elliott the other day. One also worked in your call center I believe, he was trying to become a LEO. He and the fellows he was with were good people, as well. Ya'll run a good outfit up there in Rockdale, keep up the good work.

Didn't know your name, but I told them you seemed like an all around stand-up guy on the forums. :righton:
The one that worked in the call center must have been one of our dispatchers... Mike. He's my favorite one up there. Too bad he only works for half of my shift. Was he shooting a Springfield XDm 40?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

MesaCranker said:
The one that worked in the call center must have been one of our dispatchers... Mike. He's my favorite one up there. Too bad he only works for half of my shift. Was he shooting a Springfield XDm 40?
Yes, that was him. He was a really nice guy. I even let them borrow one of my signs so they could have something to shoot.

·
Registered
712 Posts

EJR914 said:
Ok, so if a Remington bullet is actually .224 in diameter how does it not blow up when it flies down a .223 barrel? I'm really confused now. :D
The bullet is swaged down as it passes through the forcing cone which helps it to engage the rifling and ensures a tight gas seal. This is typical of other calibers, not just .223.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

NullMatrix said:
EJR914 said:
Ok, so if a Remington bullet is actually .224 in diameter how does it not blow up when it flies down a .223 barrel? I'm really confused now. :D
The bullet is swaged down as it passes through the forcing cone which helps it to engage the rifling and ensures a tight gas seal. This is typical of other calibers, not just .223.
Sweet! Thank you for the knowledge man. :D :righton:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts