.308 in a briefcase

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Xiclotl, Jan 19, 2011.

1. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Hey
    that's what they use in the movies

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Snazzy concept.
    Not really a 'briefcase' though. If someone came into an office where I was with something that thick, I'd suspect they were carrying something other than a netbook in there. The back pack was a lot more stealthy, you know people carry stuff in them, not lightweight papers.

Not really nit-picking, it's at least 10-times less conspicuous than someone carrying a baseball bat bag around in an urban environment.

3. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

I'd be more concerned about how it will return to zero. If your ops are so black that you need one of these things, that first shot had better count for something.

4. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

This.

Interesting concept, but I don't know how I feel about a collapsible or modular rifle barrel.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I don't know about some of these rifles, but I know for some of the other really expensive rifles that piece together from a case like this have some fairly sophisticated mechanisms to make sure they snap into a very tight and secure center. Without that, you're right, what good would the first shot be, or even follow up shots for that matter.