Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new cartridge caliber and some new guns to go with it, the 30 Super Carry. I've been seeing a couple of mentions about this out on the interwebz. I'm sure we'll know more when we see actual gun reviews and ammunition tests. I saw this article from gunmagwarehouse and thought I would share it. My gut reaction: Why this caliber? Will this do something other calibers won't? And is this smart in the middle of an ammo shortage?? Guess we will see.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Administrator
7,153 Posts
I predict this cartridge will live a very short lifespan...
A solution in search of a non-existent problem...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I’m going to agree with you. It’ll take a whole lot of convincing and more benefits than I see now, to get me to buy new pistols just for a new caliber.
Me buying a new pistol isn’t a tough sell, buying a different caliber and having to stock up on ammo to feed it is.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
A lot like the .327. Few good things, not real different. Niche cartridge.

Most important with any cartridge is making the projectile hit proper place. Once that happens the large majority of non-mouse cartridges do the job.

Nemo

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
A solution in search of a non-existent problem...
Almost makes you think The Biden Administration has gotten into the Gun making business.

Reactions: mountainman444

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,706 Posts
Might be a good thing for military and SWAT police teams that want a lower-recoiling option for submachineguns, with slightly higher magazine capacity being a welcome perk.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,706 Posts
Might be a good lower-recoiling
round for women and the elderly to use compared with a 9 mm.

But it would necessarily have more recoil than a 380.

When I load my 380 pistol with 100 grain bullets, I'm probably only getting 850 -900 ft./s velocity.

You can't push the same weight bullet at 1200 ft./s without a significant increase in recoil.

Reactions: frankr

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My gut reaction is that it is intended for the subcompact carry crowd and for the Mexico and South American markets where military and police calibers are not allowed for civilian ownership. This makes a nice upgrade from 380 Auto. It's more compact than 38 Super.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts