3 injured at 'Hamilton' after medical emergency sparks evacuation

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Wegahe, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

:faint: :panic: :applause:

3. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

This incident is an opportunity to get another law passed. Hope they won't waste it.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

People are stupid.

Nemo

Nothern_Defector likes this.
  6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I like the way they covered it up by calling it a medical emergency. So if I am ever in a crowded movie theater and I see a theater on fire in the movie I can yell fire, cause a panic and clear the theater then claim medical emergency because I thought the lobby was on fire.

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

They should have called it a mental emergency. Later they will find it really started when someone in the audience bit a cookie into the shape of a gun, then it snowballed from there.

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The idiot liberal that started the panic should be charged as if they had shouted fire in a movie theater. Not given a pass by calling it medical emergency. She should also be liable for the medical expenses of the 3 victims she caused injuries to.

gunsmoker likes this.
  9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

But wait... WAS there a shooting, with a prop / blank gun, on the stage?

That might make it more reasonable to think the woman who had the heart attack had been shot (even if only by accident).

Quote from Variety magazine story of Feb 16th:
    "...a woman experienced a medical emergency — later determined to be a heart attack — during a scene in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s play wherein Founding Father Alexander Hamilton is shot on stage. Audience members thought a real shooting had occurred."

10. gunsmoker

578A8038-2A03-4A15-8B3E-799F736F11D2.jpeg But.... if the audience was watching the dueling scene and saw the Hamilton character fire his flintlick pistol upward in the air, intending to miss Burr by several feet, and then saw Burr's character shoot directly at Hamilton, who fell mortally wounded...

...and then they noticed a woman in the audience in distress and thought she had been shot...

.. did the people in the audience think that one or more actors would then start reloading those two muzzle-loading black powder flintlock pistols and unleash a hailstorm of lead into the audience, ruthlessly murdering these innocent patrons at a rate of up to three victims per minute?

11. gunsmoker

Watching an actor attempt a public massacre with a flintlock dueling pistol -- even if he had a powder horn, a ramrod, and a pocket full of balls-- would be comical. Rather like this I think:

12. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I could not find in the story where someone shouted gun. Was there another story linked that I did not see?
    What I got out of this story is that a woman had a heart attack right as Hamilton was 'shot', some people connected nonexistent dots that she got shot and started to exit like their butts were on fire. The panic spread when an alarm was set off when someone yanked the defibrillator off it's cradle.

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Because the "bullet" made a left turn after striking Hamilton and went after the audience member. Like JFK's "magic bullet." :shakehead:

14. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The news feed app on my laptop had the story that included someone shouting "gun". Problem is I can't copy from that app and had to search the web for a link to the story. Which is the one I posted.