3 Ga Mayors are members of anti-gun group

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gunstar1, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The Group Mayors Against Illegal Guns http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org is yet another anti-gun group. They are funded by the same group that funds the VPC, The Joyce Foundation. I read today that one usually pro-gun mayor in TN had joined, and when asked about it he claimed he did not realize that they were anti-gun. I know the Atlanta Mayor knew what she was getting in to, but I do not know about the Mayors of Athens and Macon.

Perhaps those that live in either city could call or write and find out exactly why your mayor has joined a gun control organization.

Mayor Heidi Davison
    Athens-Clarke County, GA
    http://www.athensclarkecounty.com/commission/

Mayor Shirley Franklin
    Atlanta, GA

Mayor Jack Ellis
    Macon, GA
    http://www.cityofmacon.net/CityDept/mayor/mayor.htm

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Guess Ms. Franklin will get a letter soon. I should get paid for all this correspondence I send lol. Thanks for the heads up.

3. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Obviously Atlanta is no suprise.

But I'm actually not that suprised by Athens. During the '04 election Athens-Clarke County was pretty blue, college professors and all.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oops!

Frank Melton, mayor of Jackson Mississippi, is a member, and he can be seen in picture by searching his name at the link GS1 provided.

He is NOW on trial for multiple gun charges!

Link to article: http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... /611120396

One felony and two misdemeanors!

=D>

5. Malum Prohibitum

6. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

I sent the Athens Mayor an email two days ago, but no reply. Elections may have her tied up a bit.

7. Malum Prohibitum

http://georgiacarry.org/cms/?p=37
    :wink:

8. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

The email for Athens Mayor on the Georgia Carry site points to the Macon Mayor.

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

To give a bit more detail into why the Mayors group is anti-gun (excluding the fact they are funded by an anti-gun organization)

The head of the group and spearhead of the effort is NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg. We know from his press releases that his idea of cracking down on illegal firearms is to:
    • Fund groups of people who will break federal laws so that they might get evidence to be used in civil lawsuits. In doing so destroying legitimate criminal investigations.[/*:m:382j41d1]
    • Take the civil trial to an impartial judge or offer settlement deals in the civil lawsuits that impose various fines if federal laws are not followed, yet be against a federal bill to allow the BATFE to impose fines for minor infractions and allow dealers to appeal it to a judge and not a BATFE agent from another area.[/*:m:382j41d1]
    • Make carry permits much harder to get than they already are in NYC (already have to have a clean background so he is not talking about criminals), then make the penalty for carrying those "illegal" guns a felony.[/*:m:382j41d1]
    Thank goodness Georgia law (in theory) prevents our mayors from doing any of that. It is still disturbing that this is the model by which they want other Mayors to follow.

11. Malum Prohibitum

And there is the "I am better than you " attitude that believes that THEY should be entitled to the protection of guns (do you think Bloomberg does not have armed guards), the law does not apply to them (see the references to Mayor Melton's guilty plea, above), but the lower classes cannot be trusted and must be controlled.

A World Without Guns

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Mayor Melton is a perfect example of who Boomberg would think of as a person carrying an illegal gun.

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Hope no one minds me bringing up a slighty old topic.
    CJ, the mayor of Macon, is a crooked, embezzling, racist criminal. The locals to the middle Georgia area have been trying to get him impeached for several years, but for various reason it's not happened. This man is a large part of why I recently moved out of Macon/Bibb county after 33 years. It's no surprise why he would jump on with a gun control group. Don't waste you time sending him an email either. He could care less.

14. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Yup, I feel your pain. While I am not a resident of Bibb county I enjoy reading up on the latest monkeyshines in the Telegraph. Remember when they made the mistake of giving that moron a car with blue lights in the front grill? That fool pulled a guy over for a traffic violation. That was all over the headlines. What did they do about it (besides taking the car away)??? A big nutin'.

15. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I believe his latest is trying to put a convicted felon on the housing board. Apparently that's going to a federal level to be reviewed... He is unavailable for comment or quesitoning about the matter because he is in Africa. Again. For about the 4th time this year. He is also trying to sponsor some kind of cross country support deal with the place in Africa he is from. Sorry I'm vague but at this point I tend to tune things out about this.... politician. :evil: