Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right, I know. I'm awaiting word from Walmart on a deal me and Ramm are splitting, but I'm just looking for a backup plan if need be. Not to mention, if the deal is good enough, one could always use extra.

·
Registered
164 Posts
On Sniper Central, I saw results from a bench test on various .308 ammo.

The Hunting Shack's 168g match shot an average of .588" MOA shooting a best of .516" MOA on a stock Remington 700. It was the most consistent ammo on the list consisting of the following: Hornady 168g match, Winchester 168g Supreme Match, Black Hills 168g Match, Federal 168g Gold Metal Match, Lapua 167g Aficionado+, Remington 168g Premier Match, and ABT 168g.

That same bench test was preformed on a Tactical Operations Bravo-51, and got these results: .227" MOA average, with a best of .094" MOA. It being the best performing ammo.

Now, I know if it's not saying much, considering rifles like particular brands of ammo, with there generally being no rhyme or reason... but, if they make all their ammo as good as theirs performed in the .308, I'd say it isn't a bad buy at all. :p

link: http://www.snipercentral.com/matchammo.htm

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Right, I know. I'm awaiting word from Walmart on a deal me and Ramm are splitting
I also emailed hsm direct $258/1000 = shipping 4 week wait
Have either of you guys ever heard the term, "bogarting"? Don't hide......divide! Give it up to the masses. :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
head on up to your local wally world and ask them to order 1k.

I was surprised at how easy it was...now all we gotta see is if they follow through.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rammstein said:
head on up to your local wally world and ask them to order 1k.

I was surprised at how easy it was...now all we gotta see is if they follow through.
I imagine it's a little easier in, say, Statesboro than some of the Metro Atlanta stores. We'll go bug them some time next week. I've gotta drop off your mags, anyway.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've got about 750 rounds of brass cased ammo here and there and a reloading press.

Load, shoot, repeat.

I'm trying to swear off the wolf for everything but my AK.

·
Registered
964 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I wish I was able to reload where I'm at, but that just isn't possible.
Why not? A single stage press wouldn't take up much room...
C'mon, you know you want to :D

Tell you what. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll let you use mine if you leave your AR here :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
SHOOTING WOLD MOSTLY AND SOME RELOADS

I have gotten to the point where I am shooting mostly wolf ammo, with some reloads my dad does. After seeing the price of .223/5.56 at the Georgia Arms table it almost made me faint. $33.50 for a bag of 100rnds. Three years ago it was $17 for the same bag. I don't like it but there is the ugle truth. :roll:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cavediver said:
ptsmith24 said:
I wish I was able to reload where I'm at, but that just isn't possible.
Why not? A single stage press wouldn't take up much room...
C'mon, you know you want to :D

Tell you what. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll let you use mine if you leave your AR here :D
:lol: Stupid apartment rules. Not like I don't break some of them. I really don't have any extra room, though. I can't wait to get my own house.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts