.223 ammo on sale

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Adam5, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Dicks has Remmington, green box, .223 55gr FMJ on sale for $5.98 per 20. For those of you that have .223 com-bloc rifles or don't mind running steel cased ammo through your AR, the new Dicks in Cumming has Wolf Millitary Classic 7.62x39 and Wolf Performance .223 for $5.98 per 20, reg price.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Maybe me and ramm will get the umc for about that price when our bulk order finally comes in.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The Dicks in Cumming is open?

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Augusta is the closest one to me...well, it's coming soon according to the website.

5. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Honestly, I've had fewer issues with Wolf than Remington.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I only have 60 rounds through my AR (55 gr MC UMC). I've got Wolf HP for the AK. Also Russian (Brown Bear) for the m44. I was surprised how dirty the AR was after only 60 rounds. I imagine Wolf wouldn't be any cleaner.

7. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I recently bought a Saiga .223 and a case of Wolf (grey box, not the camo box if there's any difference...); 225 +tax, just under 250 total.

I might take advantage of that Remington though, I'm going to start reloading for .223 sometime soon. The leftover brass would be nice to have.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It opened Friday. I was sooo excited to see the now open sign. Now I don't have to drive to Buford or Alpharetta for 9mm ammo. :D I even bought a plinking rifle from them to celebrate.

Nothing else is the shopping center is open yet, although Best Buy looked like they setting up shelves. They will probably be next to open.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I have a couple hundred or so .223 brass saved up right now, just to start.

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

That sounds REALLY dirty if you say it out loud.

11. murrybird

murrybird New Member

I get Wolf polycoated at Adventure Outdoors for around $4.50 for 20 right now. Haven't had an issue and it IMHO shoots more accurate than LC or Remingtion. Dick's tend to be just that a dick. Most of the folks at the one in Kennesaw haven't any idea about firearms outside of hunting guns. But, what should I expect, it is a sporting outlet and not a real gun store.

12. larz

larz Member

Yeah, I picked up some of the Remingtons .223/20 for $5.98....the kid behind the counter says "...do you want to by the 'value' pack of 50 for $19.98"? I said if you do the math there junior that's not the best deal.....Oh by the way I'm now a AR owner...well they had such a great deal on ammo, I had to by the rifle!

13. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

:shock: :rotfl2:

14. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Where's the Dicks in Cumming located?

15. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

:rotfl:

16. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

That one sounds dirty, too. :shock:

17. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Lets see how dirty I can make this sound for the other people on the forum. :)

Coming from the north, it will be before you get to Cumming. It is located on Buford Dam Road, it is a new shopping center they are building. There isn't an exit off 400 for Buford Dam Road, so, you will either have to exit at 15 and snake around thru Cumming and come in the back door via Buford Dam Road. Or you can exit on 14 and go past all the other shopping centers, lowes, home depot, walmart, BJ's, etc. When you are forced to turn left or right, that is Buford Dam Road. Turn left and you should see Dicks on the right.

18. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Thank you GunNut. Took a while to get a straight answer. Too many folks' minds in the gutter.

Besides, i've been wondering where Buford Dam Rd was in Cumming.

19. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

holy crap thats expensive. no wonder i'm not missing shooting an AR a lot right now.

$5.98 for the AK/SKS ammo per 20 is a total rip, also. That's $299 per thousand, before tax!

Online you can get thou bricks of AK/SKS stuff for around $170 shipped. 8)