Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be looking for purchase my first suppressor next month. It likely be used in a Beretta 71 .22 and a definitely used on a Ruger MKIV .22.

I’m looking for recommendations for a budget friendly model to look at.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
I have an AAC Pilot that I like,
But today I think I would get a model that I can disassemble for cleaning. This one cannot be disassembled by the end-user.
It's plenty quiet, especially with sub sonic ammo from a rifle.
From most pistols with barrels under 5 inches, I find that even "high velocity" ammo with 36 to 40 grain bullets and an advertised muzzle velocity of about 1200 ft./s or 1240 ft./s {from a rifle barrel} will actually be subsonic from that hand gun.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
I really want a Silencerco 22 Switchback but haven’t been able to find them in stock yet. Maybe in 2021.

·
68,519 Posts

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
How much faster?
It's getting not to be. Originally, eF1s were turning around in a few weeks vs the obscene 1 year +or- for paper submissions. Now some of them are going 100+ days for "FBI delay" whatever that means.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Try Liberty Suppressors in Trenton, GA. Their .22 suppressor is easy to disassemble and you will be supporting a good, Georgia company

Reactions: Adam5

·
Registered
944 Posts
How much faster?
Most people are seeing 5 weeks for e-filed form 1. Even if it does take longer it's still faster than the 9 month turn around on form 4s. I did a form 1 last year and had it in a few weeks. My form 4 was almost exactly 9 months.

I think for a .22 building your own is the way to go, especially if you're willing to buy one of the better kits.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I’ve got a SureFire and a Sig suppressor. The sig is big, heavy (in comparison to the SF and other .22 cans) and rated for 17hmr, .17wmr and 5.7. It’s not terribly quiet on my 10/22 or M&P-15/22. The surefire has a significant and consistent first round pop if you don’t purge the can with a squirt of canned “Dust Off”. It’s very very quiet when you do purge it. Both are easy to take apart and clean.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
W Erector.
Light weight and customizable through adding and lengthening. You’ll need to shoot mine.

Reactions: 2ToeRacing

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may be looking for purchase my first suppressor next month. It likely be used in a Beretta 71 .22 and a definitely used on a Ruger MKIV .22.

I’m looking for recommendations for a budget friendly model to look at.
My current suppressed .22 is an AWC Ultra II integral, but the Dead Air Mask is on the “to buy” list this year. I bought my first suppressor almost thirty years ago. Do your homework and invest in the best suppressor that you can afford. Check out manufacturers “demo days” or suppressor shoots in your area. You’ve got to remember that your going to spend $200 on the NFA Tax Stamp regardless of which suppressor you purchase. Considering that the difference in a good .22 suppressor and a top of the line .22 suppressor is about $200, it pays to get what you want.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
W Erector.
Light weight and customizable through adding and lengthening. You’ll need to shoot mine. View attachment 17798
W? I think you mean Q.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts