.22 for target practice question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Taurus92, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I have a Taurus PT92 and was thinking of getting a .22 for range practice and the reduced ammo costs. Just wanted to get some thoughts on getting something in .22 cal similar in design to the PT92. Is that a good idea? I'm not familiar with all the possibilities but poking around I've seen the Sig Sauer Mosquito & the Chiappa 1911-22. Any thoughts on these and what else should I look at?

Thanks

2. rogsmith66

rogsmith66 New Member

Have you considered the Ruger Mark III. It shoot great in the bull barrel version.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The Sig Mosquito is probably closest in style and operation. But I've heard they're not all reliable and not particularly accurate.
    OK for plinking and rapid fire shooting, but not so good for slow fire bullseye practice.

I'd go with a Browning Buckmark with a 4" or 5" or 5.5" barrel.

It's not going to look like a Beretta 92, but it will be reliable, accurate, fun to shoot.

4. Taurus92

My brother had suggested that model also. It's an option and I may try to rent one at the range if they have it. It's a little further away from the PT92 design, but I'm not sure if that is worth trying to stick with.

5. Taurus92

Thanks, I'll put the Browning in the queue to check out. And yes, I'm looking for the bullsye practice.

6. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

7. Taurus92

I've seen those on the Beretta site, but they were listed as unavailable. Thanks for the link!