22 Conversion Kit For Glock

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ptsmith24, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Any recommendations? I'm thinking about getting the kit. They look to be around $250. Any specific brands I should look for? Avoid? Just something else fun to play with at the range to shoot cheaper ammo. The one I see on most online stores is the one by Advantage Arms. Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I know JRM has one for his G23.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome. Hopefully he'll see this topic. If not, I'll PM him later. I have a G23, too.

4. concrete

concrete New Member

Advantage Arms! :righton:

I have one for my G20/21. Excellent for plinking and easy on the wallet.
    Very reliable, but reloading the 10rd mags gets a little tiring after a while.

I picked up the kit and 2 extra mags brand new from a Glock armorer at a gun show in Tampa, FL for $260-.

I don't know much about the competition "Ceiner?", but I've heard the AA is the way to go.

Only negative is that I wish California's laws on mags were better as the AA mags could easily fit 20+ if not for the company's home state restrictions. :(

I believe the Ceiner kit has higher mag capability, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe!

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea it helps, awesome. I read about the Ceiner kit and the reviews don't look good really. It isn't much cheaper than AA either. I'll take a look at them if someone has them at the show coming up here in July. I think I want 1000 rounds of .40, 22 conversion kit, some 22 rounds, and optics for the AK. 1000 .40 rounds is at the top of my list. Then the .22 stuff later. Optics can wait for now.

6. Wiley

Wiley New Member

The convertion makers are Ciener, Marvel, Advantage Arms, and I think one other whose name I can't remember.

If you decide on Ciener, get it thru Brownells. From all reports Ciener customer service is worse than non-exestent, Brownells is top-notch.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I may be getting a Ceiner kit for my AR in a month or so. Most o fthe guys on AR15.com that have them have had good luck with them.

8. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

hell for $250 you can get a Ruger Mk II or Mk III,

or a P22 (which you can get with the threaded barrel stock, just asking to get a suppressor on there) :twisted:

i thought about getting an AA kit for my Glock, but would rther just have a dedicated 22.... those Rugers are lasers! we used to make cans dance up and down a hillside with a MK II at 25 yards

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll agree with that. My Ruger MKIII was $275 NIB and is accurate as hell.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I didn't think about that actually. It isn't something critical right now, though.